Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Dreams and Visions » Interpreting and Understanding My Dream
Interpreting and Understanding My Dream [message #396] Sun, 27 May 2012 00:16 Go to previous message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I just joined this forum today and I am very excited to be a part of it. I would like to share some recent experiences that I have had and see what feedback I could get as well. Obviously these aren't things I go around talking about to everyone. It is nice to have some people that you can discuss certain things with. I am hoping to find others who may know more about some of these things then I currently do. As always I have been seeking the Lord in prayer with regards to some of these things. As for now at my level of faith a lot of my answers or confirmations do end up coming from fellow brothers and sisters. As they speak I am filled with the spirit and then something is confirmed to me. So it is with that spirit in mind that I would like to share a few experiences.

I had an interesting dream last night that I wanted to share. I usually wouldn't share a dream like this but thought I would this time because I wanted to get some input if there is any to be had. This is something I'm praying about. Sometimes I have been given dreams that I knew immediately were of divine origin. Other times I have been given dreams that seemed like they were but I wasn't really sure. And other times I just flat out have crazy dreams. lol

This was a dream I am not 100% sure about what it means and if it was just some crazy work of my subconscious imagination. But this is the second dream of this type that I have had in a few weeks time. I dreamt that I was sitting in the middle of a restraunt when suddenly I noticed a woman sitting near by. It was as if I could hear the woman's thoughts or feel her feelings. I'm not sure which. She was mourning over the loss of a person who was very dear to her. Im not sure now if it was a family member or just a very close friend. She was older than me. Probably in her 50's maybe. She was having a VERY difficult time with the loss and was questioning so many things because of it and was in a great deal of pain and despair.

Suddenly, I looked up and saw the Spirit of her friend/family member that she had lost. I could see her suddenly plain as day. She looked radiant and I even said so in the dream. She started telling me some things that she wanted me to tell her friend who was grieving. She told me how she was holding her self back. Suddenly I got up out of my chair and I went over the the grieving woman and knelt down beside her table where she was sitting. I told her I needed to tell her something and she would probably think I was crazy and that I wasn't even sure what was happening myself because I had never had an experience like this before. I proceeded to tell her about being able to see her friend and what her friend wanted me to tell her. The woman was startled and taken aback at first but to my surprise she was believing me and she began to cry. She asked me a few questions about her friend. I remember pointing to where I could see her and telling her she looked radiant.

After this experience it suddenly switched to another moment and I was having a conversation with the Lord. Not sure if I was just praying or if we were actually talking in the dream but suddenly the revelation came in the dream that I was a Seer. And that I had been meant to be a seer and it was part of my mission here. The Lord had just been waiting for me to be prepared enough so the gift could manifest itself. And I remember feeling inside like I had somehow known it all along. It was quite profound and emotional in my dream. Then after that I woke up.

I remember thinking about the term that was given to me. A seer is what it was called. So this naturally got me thinking about what a Seer really is. And I realized I didn't really even know. I hadn't thought about a Seer having the ability to see spirits and see through the veil. For some reason I always thought about seer with what Joseph did translating the book of mormon and I realize my understanding of the term is probably quite narrow. Several weeks ago I had a similar dream where I helped a woman who was going through a great deal of trials surrounding her sons death. He came to me and told me how to help her. So I went to her reluctantly and she believed me and I was able to help her and her family heal through my encounter with her son.

I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps these dreams were not accidents because weeks and weeks ago I was led to start studying spiritual gifts and I felt prompted, I guess, to ask the Lord if I had any or if I was supposed to. What they were and how to prepare. This interest came after reading some book I had read. At this point Im not really sure what to make of these dreams. I also find all of to be ironic because ever since I was little I was afraid of seeing spirits and it's something I would worry about all the time. It's something that still seems a bit frightening to me to be honest. And sense I am pregnant I am very suspicious because I have some crazy dreams when Im pregnant and my imagination can be pretty active. Guess I need to do some more praying.

That is the first thing I have had questions about and the second experience I have had questions about is regarding some that happened quite a while ago. Something I was pondering on today was spiritual hearing. A couple years before I became a member I had an experience and right around the time I had this experience it was a turning point for my life and it was right around a time when I began to really thirst after knowledge and want to know God. I was still living at home but not wanting to be there I felt trapped and stuck. It wasn't very long at all before I moved out on my own. Probably only weeks before I made the decision to move away from home and it was after I moved that I found the LDS church.

This is experience is so special to me but for the longest time I have never been able to understand what its purpose was. And then today as I was reading something I began to wonder if I finally figured it out. It was a very simple experience but one that has always left a very profound impact on me. It was during a turning point like I said. And I was pondering over some very big decisions and praying and reading my scriptures for the first time in a while and trying to figure out what to do with my life. One day I was in the middle of a very deep sleep. Completely dead asleep when suddenly I heard a very AUDIBLE and loud voice say my name. It pierced me to the very center just like it describes in the book of mormon. When I heard the voice it was instantaneous from a very deep sleep to suddenly being wide awake. I literally hopped immediately out of bed and I feel bad for this now because it was probably a bit irreverent . But I literally looked heavenward and said, Yes, God. What is it? I KNEW with nothing doubting who's voice it was and where it came from. The voice was so loud and peircing but at the same time I knew he wasn't shouting either. It was like a gentle whisper the way it was said but at the same time it was very audible and so loud. It's very difficult to try and explain it.

I remember pacing my room and asking God what he wanted of me. I began to say a prayer and thought maybe I should open my scriptures. I cant remember if I actually did but I don't remember reading anything profound or anything that sticks out in my memory. I knew God had called out to me and woke me up out of my sleep. But I could never figure out why? Since that time it has happened two other times. But none was quite like the first. And obviously there had to have been a purpose. The Lord doesn't just do things like that for the heck of it. And its the only time I have heard an voice with "my ears". It seemed I heard it with my ears anyway. It was so loud. I wasn't the only one home but no one else had heard the voice call my name but I did. I remember even asking my parents a little after it happened if they had called me or heard anything and they said no.

I'm still not certain what the purpose was but the experience is so special to me still. I can truly say He knows me by name because I have heard Him call out to me. And each time it has happened it has happened the same way. I am in a very deep sleep and I am suddenly jolted awake by His voice. But each time I don't hear anything else after that. Today I was pondering over the temple endowment and how the first few words that is said to Adam is that his name is called and God tells him to awake and arise. And I know the scriptures mention waking and arising as well. I guess I just wish there was someone else who has had this experience that I could talk to because maybe Im hoping to find out more about the purpose. Maybe Im supposed to do something when it happens but I don't and thats why I never hear his voice again once I am fully awake. I have tried praying and opening my scriptures but I don't recall receiving any profound revelations or anything. It's something I have prayed about to understand. Perhaps I am just missing something or making something more complicated then it is.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Open Visions of the Future
Next Topic: I dreamed of my father last night.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:24:56 MDT 2024