Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » Demons Attempting To Thwart Righteousness (One Experience I Had With An Evil Entity)
Demons Attempting To Thwart Righteousness [message #366] Wed, 23 May 2012 20:03 Go to previous message
JulesGP

I wanted to share an experience I had a couple of years ago with an evil entity. It was during a time when I was more heavily immersed in Gospel study than I had ever been in my life up to that point. I had made some big changes in my life for the better and had let the Lord know that I was willing to make some big sacrifices for him - in order to live the way I felt I was being directed to.

I went to sleep one night and found myself in an old Medieval style church I was unfamiliar with. There were other people there in the building I was mingling with, and my disabled son was there with me too - but was across the room.

A demon in the form of a man started moving toward my son to attack him. I ran to protect him and forced myself between my son and the entity, and ordered the demon to leave him alone and to come after me instead - which he immediately did. He physically attacked me and took hold of me in my dream, and I woke and saw his form over me in my bed. He was holding me down and I was bound physically and I could not speak. In my mind I kept trying to order him away, and physically I fought to get away. He told me that he had been "sent" to try to stop me from doing what I was doing in my life and from taking this path, and he went after my son knowing that I would leave myself more vulnerable to his attack to save him.

I saw a blackness starting to close in - that seemed to be some kind of substance or matter I wasn't familiar with that was actually closing in around me, and I felt like I was being overtaken and would not escape this entity. It was similar to what Joseph Smith described in this account of the First Vision:

"I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction."

I prayed and did all I could in my mind since I was still bound in every other way, and at some point I was "released". I lay there in my bed feeling physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted. I was actually surprised that I was apparently doing something "right enough", and that it was important enough to Satan for some reason, that he sent someone to attempt to stop me in that way - so brazenly, and not in the subtle, more crafty ways he uses so often.

~Jules

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message