Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Sunday Preparation - Talks & Lessons » Lesson on Christmas (The notes I collected in preparing for a Sunday School lesson on Christmas)
Re: Lesson on Christmas [message #1763 is a reply to message #1760] Sat, 29 December 2012 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kingdom of ZION is currently offline  Kingdom of ZION
I think the total lying to the innocent little children about the none existent Santa, sometimes referred to as Saint Nick is right up there in a Pagan act. So are all Saints really just a fable we tell little children?

Jeremiah 10 also point to the Tree being pagan and makes it clear. These traditions are very old, but they are in the moment (present) before G_d however, they are not forgotten just because of time. When can false traditions replace true commanded forms of worship? When can Holidays replace Holy Days? Are we of Yesrael? She was commanded to keep the three High Feast throughout there generations... Forever! If we're say we are of Israel and yet we keep pagan worship rites, rather than keeping G_ds commanded worship rites, where do we get off thinking we are righteous before His eyes? The Children of Yesrael of old had many tradition of a celebration that included a calf, is not the symbol for Israel an Oxen? They though it okay to continue keeping that false tradition, even though they had been asked to keep new traditions. As I remember, it did not go so well for them. Have we been asked to keep our Holy Days, and partake of Sacraments on those days? At least the Catholic have a Christmas Mass, they are doing better at trying to keep it as a Holy Day, then we! We close the Temples (houses of Prayer), we do not partake of the Lord's Supper in our meeting houses as commanded. Where does that leave us?

Even the total lie that it is the Birthday of the Messiah, must rank in there as a despicable act. To intentionally lie about the remembrance of the Messiah life... that is one for the record books, as the most foolish act of all time.

I attached a small book written years ago by a friend of mine, Anne Wilde. I also attached her little book on Easter, the Second great lie we tell little children, about the magic Easter Bunny. Fairytales... is that what we want our children to think about the Messiah on the true Holy Days? (Sorry only one text per post, if anyone is interested in it, PM me.)

Shalom

Coming of Eliyah is yet future, the Restoration of Yesrael and the Kingdom or Gospel and the other 2/3's of the Book of Mormon will follow. If Eliyah does not come, then with the coming of the Messiah, the earth shall be cursed and utterly wasted!

[Updated on: Sat, 29 December 2012 11:12]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Gospel Doctrine Book of Mormon Lesson 42
Next Topic: Gospel Doctrine D&C 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 21:42:21 MDT 2024