Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #442 is a reply to message #439] Thu, 31 May 2012 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Eve_,
Thank you for your post. The line of thought which led me to consider reincarnation starts with the doctrine that every living thing has a spirit. They were all once intelligences, as were we. What king of God selects one intelligence to be a tree, another a dog, and another a man? If we each only get one mortal existence, does a tree live eternity as a tree? Could intelligences really be so different that most of them only have the potential to be a fish or a blade of grass and never be anything more?

I could not make sense of this until I likened the scriptures unto myself. If the story of creation is also the story of my own creation, perhaps I was light, then I was matter, then I became a plant, an animal, and finally a human. Who know how many stops along the way I needed to make to understand everything I could at each level?

How do you answer the same questions?

- Dragon

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message