Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #439 is a reply to message #393] Thu, 31 May 2012 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
Dragon wrote on Sat, 26 May 2012 21:51
Eve,
Thank you for sharing your views. I'm not here to claim my viewpoints are infallible, so of course they can benefit from the criticism of others. I do have a few questions about your viewpoints. Have you considered there are more steps before the mortal human body is obtained? Also, we were created in the image of God. So whatever existence we have after this one will involve a human looking body. Our goal is to become more like God. Thus, obtaining a body in His image is progress towards that end. What's more, assuming we do as we should in this life, we would only progress to be more like God, not less. Thus our bodies can only become more like God in our eternal progression.

- Dragon

I actually have considered the idea of an existence before intelligence, though I haven't thought of it often. I have even wondered crazy things like, "Do I now exist elsewhere in another time and/or another space?" "Am I now going through what I went through when I was five or what I will go through when I'm fifty, but in another dimension?"

I think we know so little about everything. I think it was when I was reading your original post that I began wondering how far away from us God really is, as far as us becoming like Him. We really know nothing except how to deal with this incarnation, this mortal level of living. We may have to go through a thousand steps to get to Him. But the Pearl of Great Price assures us that if we keep this estate, we will have glory added upon us forever. To me, that means that this step is the last stop where we can "blow it" and any other levels will be more for learning, expanding, and becoming.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message