Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #412 is a reply to message #395] Mon, 28 May 2012 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SirExcedrin is currently offline  SirExcedrin
Thank you Mr Dragon for your most excellent reply! I was struck, and struck strongly, by the spirit when you wrote:

Quote:
"Once we have done all we can to progress, or refuse to progress any further, our bodies and spirits are reunited forever"

I cannot detail the mechanism used, but God is love (I John 4) and I truly believe that our Father is working to give every one of his children the full experience of His life, which is eternal life (D&C 19). So it totally makes sense to me that as long as a child has the desire and is trying, even though that child may be like me - slower than most, that a path to perfection would remain open - regardless of the time factor encapsulating a single lifetime because this great plan has all been instituted from a place outside of time.

This thought came to me: If we were to think in terms of time, and accept that as Alma(40) said, Quote:
"The spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life."

and that is somewhere nigh unto Kolob, where the reckoning of time is one thousand Earth years to one Kolob day (Abraham 3). That is saying to me that if I live a full life of 70 years here on earth, that my spirit will return having only been gone a couple of hours! And I am returning to those that I have known and loved for possibly billions of years!! Are they then going to throw me into a black hole somewhere if things didn't go perfectly well for me while I was on earth??? That's like believing that I go into the exam center at BYU, mess up my exam and upon exiting the center I'm taken and beaten and thrown into a hole somewhere with the other losers by my friends and family and teachers, simply because it is corporate policy and there is nothing to be done for it. The fact is that no one much cares how I did on my exam beyond me, and all others just wish me best of luck and offer me their encouragement to do the best I can.

Well, that's how I'm seeing things today. I may be totally wrong about being provided multiple lives if needed or some similar mechanism. The only thing I stand firm on here is that it is my true belief that our Father loves each of us infinitely and wants us to experience His eternal life's joy and will provide us with EVERYTHING we need to do so as LONG as we desire it and are willing to keep trying.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 May 2012 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message