Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #395 is a reply to message #394] Sat, 26 May 2012 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
SirExcedrin,
If there is an offer or availability of reincarnation, I see it as a method for improving on what you learned in your life, changing the very essence of who you are, planning out a new life with the help of God, choosing experiences which will teach you more than you learned before.
Spirit Paradise is for those who have kept their baptismal covenants. By definition, they should qualify for the Celestial Kingdom. In Spirit Paradise, we review our life, commune with God, and those we knew in life and before, and we choose what to do next. If we are ready for our Final Judgement, we proceed there. If we are not, then I imagine we spend time learning what we can in Spirit Paradise, and then take another journey in mortality to improve on what we have done.

As for Spirit Prison, the way I have heard it explained it is a place for those who are unable to progress. Some of them will stay there because they made choices in life which they cannot let go of. They are stuck with what they did in their life, tainting their very souls to the point they cannot progress further. Others wait there because the ordinances of baptism have not been performed. They have made progress in their life and eagerly await the ordinances so they can move forward.

As for the physical resurrection, it is a permanent changing of the very substance of the body. Once we have done all we can to progress, or refuse to progress any further, our bodies and spirits are reunited forever, never to be separated again, Having flesh and bone, but no blood, with light filling our veins. Once this has taken place, no amount of effort of any kind will change a Telestial body into a Terrestrial or Celestial one.

Let me be very clear. The Gospel of Christ is simple enough, and accessible enough that everyone, no matter what their life before this one has been like, has the potential to achieve exaltation in a single lifetime. I don't believe multiple lives are necessary for all people to achieve it. But I do believe there are circumstances and sins which no amount of repenting can fully erase. King David is one such example. He did repent, but his crimes were too great to achieve exaltation in his life. Is it possible that once freed of the body, he was able to make the necessary corrections in his soul and plan another life which would allow him to progress past what he had done? Or should he wait in Spirit Prison until the Final Judgement?

- Dragon

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message