Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #385 is a reply to message #370] Sat, 26 May 2012 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JulesGP

http://www.greaterthings.com/JJDewey/Eternal_Lives/

This man makes a good case for reincarnation/multiple mortal probations in this article - all backed by LDS scripture and quotes from church leaders. It's a long read, but VERY informative and although there's a lot of his own conjecture, it's sourced pretty well and his conclusions rang true to me.

I am also reading the Amalgamated King Follett Discourse given by Joseph Smith, and he discusses some pretty interesting related things there.

One thing I want to add that was not mentioned in the article above - the church teaches that those who have lost their children to death before the age of accountability will have the opportunity to raise them to adulthood during the millennium. Is this not essentially reincarnation?

I'd like to read the book "Teachings of the Doctrine of Eternal Lives" ( http://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Doctrine-Eternal-Lives-Anony mous/dp/1934537969). The entire book is simply quotes about the topic by LDS leaders, and scripture quotes.

~Jules

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message