Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #370 is a reply to message #339] Fri, 25 May 2012 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SirExcedrin is currently offline  SirExcedrin
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment;

If the verse said: And as it is appointed unto day once to sundown, but after that the night;

I wonder if we would then be running around quoting it as proof that there is only one day regardless of opinions to the contrary? I mean, Hebrews 9:27 does not seem to dismiss the idea of additional lives, but rather that each life is punctuated by a death (a sundown) followed by some period of correction (a judgement) before the next one begins.

Now I mean no disrespect to Spencer Palmer by this. When I was a kid I used to spend a lot of time in the summer playing in his swimming pool and I always thought he was a really good guy. However, I've always felt that some kind of multiple lives idea to be far more sensible than the "one life and then too bad for you" idea, and far more consistent with a loving Father working to give each of us the full experience of his eternal life. A single life proposal, rather than seeing the morning stars singing together and all the sons of God shouting for joy, would more likely have seen us instead, wringing our hands with worry.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message