Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #3622 is a reply to message #3595] Tue, 14 August 2018 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elejian is currently offline  Elejian
Dragon wrote on Wed, 07 March 2018 12:20
I have since learned that Satan uses a corrupted doctrine of multiple lives as a means to avoid the need for a Savior. He teaches that we come here many times until we get it right, and therefore we don't need an Atonement to make everything right and justified in this life. As such, I'm no longer prepared to discuss the topic until I can find a way to distinguish between the truth and the corrupted doctrine.

Several scriptures note that there are 2 types of resurrections. For example: "And thus did I, the Lord God, appoint unto man the days of his probation--that by his natural death he might be raised in immortality unto eternal life, even as many as would believe; And they that believe not unto eternal damnation" (D&C 29:43-4).

"Here, then, is eternal life--to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves . . . the same as all Gods have done before you, namely, by going from one small degree to another . . . from exaltation to exaltation, until you attain to the resurrection of the dead" (TPJS 346-7).

Joseph must have got that last phrase from the Bible: "If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead" (Philippians 3:11).

The "resurrection of the dead" that Joseph and Paul are referring to sounds more like the conditional resurrection unto eternal life, and less like the unconditional one that comes automatically to everyone.

"Wherefore, may God raise you from death by the power of the resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the atonement, that ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God" (2 Nephi 10:25).

The power of Christ and His atonement is absolutely necessary to attain the resurrection unto eternal life. It's the only thing that will ultimately get us off the "bhavacakra," the cycle of everlasting/eternal deaths.

Even little children need His power: "But behold, I say unto you, that little children are redeemed from the foundation of the world through mine Only Begotten" (D&C 29:46).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message