Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #3436 is a reply to message #259] Wed, 22 April 2015 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Elejian is currently offline  Elejian
I've been studying this topic for the past year. As a result, I just finished compiling a book about it. It's over 70,000 words, so there's no room to explain everything here. I especially learned a lot from (1) the Book of Mormon (for example, I believe that Alma 12:27 is an enhancement of Hebrews 9:27) and (2) the New Testament Greek.

For a quick answer, it is clear that multiple mortal probations are at least possible: Assuming Lazarus and other people who were raised from the dead in the scriptures were (1) truly dead, and (2) are not currently mortally alive, then those people have had at least 2 mortal probations.

Although some may argue that those are special cases, they do show the possibility, nonetheless.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message