Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #3365 is a reply to message #412] Tue, 02 September 2014 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Gregory Quinton Young is currently offline  Gregory Quinton Young
Would a possibility of reincarnation not then remove the need for a Saviour? Do I need multiple life attempts to get it right or can the Saviour make up the difference of my short comings?

"When we have done all that we are able, we can rely on God's promised mercy. We have a Savior, who has taken upon him not just the sins, but also "the pains and the sicknesses of his people ... that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities" (Alma 7:1112). He is our Savior, and when we have done all that we can, he will make up the difference, in his own way and in his own time. Of that I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." Dallin H Oaks

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. Alma 7:12 Perhaps this succoring is making up our differences?

Also if reincarnation What body of the multiples I have had do I get to have resurrected? And how confusing will it be to all those who have known me and now I look so different?

Just my thoughts.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message