Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #2242 is a reply to message #2240] Tue, 26 February 2013 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Very bold statements, but they offer nothing new to the conversation. I was aware before posting this many people reject the concept of reincarnation. You also assume this is only the second life or second estate. A better interpretation would be to call them the Previous Estate, The Current Estate, and the Next Estate.
I believe reincarnation is the exception, not the rule. To think I am proposing a person can return an infinite number of times, or that it is an easy decision to return to this estate is to deny the profound effect mortal life has on beings of spirit. Why is it so impossible to think a person may improve their nature without completing the goal of exaltation, and then return to another mortal life to continue this improvement? Most who improve their nature in this life achieve exaltation without needing a second mortal experience. Others do not improve their nature in this life and receive their reward. Only a few improve themselves and still need another lifetime to complete the process. There are plenty of gospel questions for which reincarnation gives a logical answer. Furthermore, the Spirit has manifested the truthfulness of it to me through multiple matters, and at multiple levels.

KoZ
Those who have had it revealed unto them... it is for you to know and embrace. Everyone else... it is not for them!

This statement could be made about any matter in which you disagree with someone else. The implication is that anyone who disagrees with your argument, simply hasn't come to understand your point of view. I understand your point of view, and I disagree with it and refute it.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message