Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #1993 is a reply to message #259] Wed, 16 January 2013 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Called to Serve is currently offline  Called to Serve
I am certain of the validity of this doctrine because the Spirit testified of it to me. I also believe that it does, in fact, include multiple mortal probations on this earth. I don't know how to interpret scriptures that seem to say otherwise. I've left that all to God to explain to me when He sees fit.

I have developed a theory, which I will admit is purely opinion, as I've pondered the implications of this doctrine and also certain quotes that I have read that have been impressed upon my mind. The quotes in question refer to the idea that we are gods. There are prophets and others who have specifically stated that we are gods. They say this in this way, not in that we can become gods. And so, taking that into consideration with the idea that time for Heavenly Father in the eternities is all inclusive, I have wondered if in fact, all of us are truly gods, and have been and always will be, just as our Father has always been God and always will be.

I am speaking of the idea of a cycle in which we go through the same eternal round again and again. Where we go from being powerful beings like our Father to infants of spirituality again and again. We go through this process for the same reason we sleep, wake, eat, play, and work in cycles every day. It is food for our beings and we would die if we stopped the cycle for any significant amount of time.

It seems to me that either we are eternal or we are not. We are gods or we are not. How can we progress from being one type of being to another throughout "eternity" where time is all inclusive? We must be what we are or not.

That is the idea that has come to me as I've pondered this doctrine and related ideas. I do not think life, eternal or mortal, is anything like we assume as we live out our "time" here on earth in a linear fashion. I think our Father in Heaven sees it all from a much higher perspective and our understanding is as that of little children who come up with the most ridiculous ideas sometimes as they try to make sense of the world and of the things they are being told.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message