Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #1918 is a reply to message #1908] Fri, 11 January 2013 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
RDWhitaker,
It is clear you have already decided not to believe in reincarnation no matter what I say. However, For the sake of others, I feel I must clarify. If a child is born in the covenant to faithful parents, and dies before the age of accountability, Church Doctrine states they will receive exaltation. Thus there would be no need to be reborn, but would in fact be returned to that family in the Millennium in the form they died.

What I am saying if if there is a person who leaves this life worthy of any glory short of the highest degree of glory, God may be willing to give them another chance. This does not annul, negate, or diminish the power of the atonement. You refer to life as a test of memory. But that is not the kind of test we are taking. We are working to change our very nature, as I have stated before. If you are a father, you should know beings come into this life with their own personality. This is a way of saying their nature is imprinted on the body, and they work to improve their nature during their whole life. If a person's nature is improved when they leave this life, but not enough for exaltation, would they not enter their next life with an improved nature? That is, assuming they get one.

I can only say this so many ways. If my previous posts have not given you enough to consider, ask a new question.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message