Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #1908 is a reply to message #259] Fri, 11 January 2013 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Let's follow this line of thinking a little bit.

Say I was born in the covenant in 1953 and that I died while a child. According to your reincarnation idea, are you saying its possible I might be born a mortal being again? Say my parents lived the Gospel to their fullest and had their C&E, received all the promises with it, including the promise that their children were sealed to them for eternity. Say reincarnation was possible, and I later was born to some other righteous family, was born in the covenant with them, and that they also received their C&E and all of its promises, including having their family sealed to them for eternity.

So I would then be sealed to two families? Supposed I too had my C&E and all of its blessings. Which family would I be sealed to? Suppose I "remembered" living a prior life. When I do my genealogy, which life and which ancestors do I research?

What would be the point of being given a "do-over" if you cannot remember what errors you made the previous time(s)? Imagine a school exam where the teacher said, "Your success in passing this test depends on things you don't know at this time." That would not be fair, or "just" -- and we know our God IS just!

As for people "remembering" prior lives -- Spencer wrote in his book that evil spirits love to play with the minds of mortals by whispering to them things from their own lives just to confuse and mislead them. If someone says they remember living a prior life, I maintain they have been lied to by spirits intent on leading them, and those who would believe them, off of the correct path to exaltation. That is my humble opinion, seemingly shared by others.

I don't buy any of it. It is a doctrine intent on deceiving. Christ's gospel plan is beautiful in its simplicity. It is the enemy of Christ who twists the message out of shape and makes it subtle, difficult, mysterious, confusing, and contentious.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

[Updated on: Fri, 11 January 2013 10:18]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message