Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #1905 is a reply to message #1899] Thu, 10 January 2013 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
From what you wrote, I conclude you believe we cannot change our nature. I do not believe this. It is the crux of the atonement to change our nature. Thus, if I have a different nature when I leave this life compared to when I entered it, I would have improved. If I did not qualify for exaltation, could I not return to Earth to improve my nature again?

As I have said before, I believe reincarnation to be rare. Very few people would desire to return to Earth and try to improve on those aspects which prevented their exaltation.

Now, as to reincarnation being linear, it is far from linear. I am not saying everyone follows the same path. I am not saying anyone needs more than one human life. I am saying why is it not possible for God to allow someone to return to Earth? Do we have memories of the pre-existence? Yes. I have some memories of it. Do we have memories of previous lives? Some of us do.

While this deserves its own topic, where does it say God exists out of time? Alma says time is measured only unto man, but that does not mean God exists outside of time.

As for Alma 11:45, yes, it very clearly states what will happen when a person is resurrected. It does not cover everything which can or might happen before that time.

- Dragon

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message