Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #1822 is a reply to message #1060] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
The problem with the concept of reincarnation, is that it is so "linear." We speak of "time" as if it means something to God and His eternal purposes. It does not. Time is an invention just for a small part of our eternal progression. Time is .... temporary!

Reincarnation contemplates coming back again and again, which is a linear idea. That just goes against my spiritual sense of what is correct.

True, God gives us every opportunity to progress. But He also gives us the pure results of our agency, for better or worse.

A third part of the hosts of heaven exercised their agency with terminal results for their progression. Why should we think God will ignore our exercise of our agency and give us "do-overs". Since, as I believe, God judges our natures more than our actions, wouldn't giving us "do-overs" just end up with us inefficiently repeating the same course of action over and over again, due to our nature?

Reincarnation claims we might be given multiple lives in order to learn what we can and should learn to progress to the full measure of our potential. I could only conceive of this if we had memory of our prior lives, so we could remember and learn from our mistakes there to avoid repeating them. But we do not have a memory of our pre-earth life. I believe the design of this mortal probation requires that we have no memory of it.

This is my 2 cents' worth -

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message