Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The Possibility of Reincarnation (Does Church Doctrine allow for the existence of Reincarnation?)
Re: The Possibility of Reincarnation [message #1058 is a reply to message #442] Sat, 01 September 2012 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mormonhah is currently offline  mormonhah
I am curious, after reading through the thread how one makes a determination of reincarnation vs progression. I do not see them as the same.

If reincarnation as you speak of it is applied to all mortal beings, would not that also include Jehovah/Christ? All things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. Now I realize that He didn't "create" matter. It always was, as is agency.

As agency always was, Jehovah only gathered together the matter, reminded it/us what we could become and allowed us the opportunity to develop through the righteous use of that agency. There must have been matter that chose not become part of the earth. Does this mean several more opportunities to become a part of something bigger and better?

I would like to hear a specific definition of reincarnation as I have a difficult time seeing Jehovah/Christ in that same pattern.

If I had not actually got into this work and been called of God, I would back out. But I cannot back out: I have no doubt of the truth.
Joseph Smith, Jr.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message