Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » See the Christ (Pres Uchtdorf's challenge to see the Savior)
See the Christ [message #224] Tue, 22 February 2011 11:21 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
I was so amazed at President Uchtdorf's brazen Christmas message in the December 2010 Ensign: "Can We See the Christ?"

Quote: "Like the shepherds of old, we need to say in our hearts, "Let us see this thing which is come to pass." We need to desire it in our hearts. Let us see the Holy One of Israel in the manger, in the temple, on the mount, and on the cross. Like the shepherds, let us glorify and praise God for these tidings of great joy!

Sometimes the most difficult things to see are those that have been right in front of us all along. Like the grandfather who failed to see the stars on the ceiling, we sometimes cannot see that which is in plain sight.

We who have heard the glorious message of the coming of the Son of God, we who have taken upon us His name and have covenanted to walk in His path as His disciples--we must not fail to open our hearts and minds and truly see Him.

...the glitter of the season should never dim our sight and prevent us from truly seeing the Prince of Peace in His majesty"
End Quote

This is an amazing challenge to the Church: to see the Christ and not just believe in him. My experience in seeing the Savior was exactly like what Pres. Uchtdorf said, He was there all along, I just didn't realize it. I already had a relationship with him, I didn't understand the concept of seeing with my spiritual eyes instead of my natural eyes [as stated in Moses 1:11].

This is another great example of the Church leadership speaking plainly while knowing that only those who are touched by the Spirit will actually understand the challenge and sincerely make it a personal goal to receive the Second Comforter. It doesn't get much plainer than this!

Bishop

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: HUMBLED
Next Topic: I wanted a Renewal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:42:58 MDT 2024