Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » My Story (Clean from the blood and sins of this generation.)
My Story [message #3678] Wed, 23 October 2019 14:59 Go to next message
Chachocanario is currently offline  Chachocanario
First off, I am profoundly grateful for those who have shared their experiences on this forum. They have all enlightened me and brought me to greater understanding. I was raised in the church but struggled to gain a testimony during my teenage years. At 18, I left home for college and my inactivity in the church spiraled down hill. I was committing all sorts of sins, the worst of which were sexual in nature. When I was 22 or so I found myself driving alone at night and I was overcome with grief and sorrow because of sins and my situation. I cried out for relieve and was overcome with the profound knowledge and feeling that I was loved. Very soon after I found myself meeting with my bishop to begin the repentance process. Two years later I entered the MTC at the age of 25. Several years ago I read, "Visions of Glory and other books by John Pontius. They deeply moved me to seek after my Savior and seek a personal relationship with him. I went to him in prayer, petitioning him for the blessing outlined in D&C 93:1. I was asked to make changes in my life, to sacrifice desires and worldly pursuits. I was taught the power of fasting and denying oneself of all ungodliness. Along with these changes and other family issues life was tough, change is always tough. Especially, when acting in faith upon spiritual promptings. Last year I wandered onto this site and I learned that all my experiences starting before my mission were all part of a greater work. I began to understand the change which had taken place in my life and my eyes were opened to the marvelous work and wonder that my Savior was accomplishing. I was driving home from work one afternoon and as I was listening to the Tabernacle choir and meditating upon life, I heard these words, "Thou art clean from the blood and sins of this generation". I will never forget the intense spiritual fire that consumed me. I was told later that I had received my calling and election. I humbly give praise to my Savior for his boundless love and mercy. I am waiting for further light and knowledge...
Re: My Story [message #3685 is a reply to message #3678] Fri, 25 October 2019 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Congratulations, Chachocanario. It is rewarding to know your standing before Father and from this comes the confidence that all has not been for naught. There is purpose in hardship and there is reward for overcoming. God bless you in your righteous endeavors. "Let there be light!"

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: My Story [message #3843 is a reply to message #3685] Sun, 10 May 2020 10:52 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Chachocanario, what a unique name. I just want to thank you for your testimony and to welcome you to this unique journey. I have found that receiving CE is like being a bug who just perceived a whole new universe that will take a lot of time and effort to begin to comprehend. But, as the years go by, I must admit that the new universe is full of incredible, amazing, and wonderful experiences, along with the gut wrenching trials.

Bishop
Previous Topic: My Experiences with the Lord
Next Topic: The More Sure Word in a Clean Room at Work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 17:51:35 MDT 2024