Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » The 24 survivors of the Nephite Holocaust (What happened to them?)
The 24 survivors of the Nephite Holocaust [message #3527] Sun, 07 February 2016 14:00 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Today in Sunday School, we were reviewing the Promise of the Land of Promise. We discussed how the Book of Mormon shows that two previous societies were completely destroyed on these two continents because of iniquity (or sin, if you need a smaller word you can spell. Sorry, class joke.)
I asked how many were left after the destruction of the Nephites, and someone said 24.
I've never thought about those 24, because I always believed or was told that they were also eventually hunted down. But what if they weren't? Is there a tribe today who is descended from those 24 who were with Mormon?
I've been studying the Hopi tribe and their beliefs as much as I can. As near as I can tell, there are actual prophets among them. Perhaps not always, but at least from time to time. Could they have come from that tiny group of people?

What are your thoughts and insights?

- Dragon
Re: The 24 survivors of the Nephite Holocaust [message #3531 is a reply to message #3527] Sun, 28 February 2016 17:23 Go to previous message
bishop is currently offline  bishop

Dragon,
This IS a very interesting conjecture. I have also read some of the Hopi prophesies from time to time. There are also other native tribes that have had prophetic insights.

I've heard it said that Moroni was doomed to live alone for the rest of his life and that he lived for another 20 or so years. I do not know where this information comes from or why it is found in Church tradition. I do know that the bottom of the page in the BoM says Moroni wrote from about 400-421 A.D. Did Joseph Smith tell us that Moroni died within 21 years of his father dying? It does not seem natural that a young man, in his prime, would not figure out how to marry and have a family, even under these terrible circumstances.

Bishop
Previous Topic: And Charity Suffereth Long
Next Topic: Unconventional Lines of Priesthood authority
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:03:28 MDT 2024