Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. (Discussion of a 170 year old prophecy)
Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. [message #3493] Thu, 01 October 2015 14:18 Go to next message
Simon Driscoll is currently offline  Simon Driscoll

This may not be the right forum for this, but I don't see an area to discuss prophecies received by others.

I am assembling a Compendium of Prophecies to cross reference all the prophecies which talk about the same events because in the process of writing my Warriors & Watchmen series, I have written about prophecies which I know exist, but which I later could not find. So if you know of rare prophecies, by people you believe are prophets, whether in a church or not, I want to hear about it.

Also, during this process, I came across the first part of a prophecy I have been quoting. Here is as much of the prophecy as I currently have on my records:

Quote:
The next day the Prophet (Joseph Smith Jr.) came to our home and stopped in our carpenter shop and stood by the turning lathe. I went and got my map for him.
"Now", he said, "I will show you the travels of this people". He then showed our travels through Iowa, and said, "Here you will make a place for the winter; and here you will travel west until you come to the valley of the Great Salt Lake! You will build cities to the North and to the South, and to the East and to the West; and you will become a great and wealthy people in that land.
But, the United States will not receive you with the laws which God desires you to live, and you will have to go to where the Nephites lost their power.
They worked in the United Order for 166 years, and the Saints have got to become proficient in the laws of God before they can meet the Lord Jesus Christ, or even the city of Enoch". He said we will not travel the shape of the horse shoe for there we will await the action of the government.
Placing his finger on the map, I should think about where Snowflake, Arizona is situated, or it could have been Mexico, he said, "The government will not receive you with the laws that God designed you to live, and those who are desirous to live the laws of God will have to go South.
You will live to see men arise in power in the Church who will seek to put down your friends and the friends of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Many will be hoisted because of their money and the worldly learning which they seem to be in possession of; and many who are the true followers of our Lord and Savior will be cast down because of their poverty.
There will be two great political parties in this country. One will be called the Republican, and the other the Democrat party. These two parties will go to war and out of these two parties will spring another party which will be the Independent American Party.
The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands until other nations will say, "Let's divide up the lands of the United States", then the people of the U. S. will unite and swear by the blood of their fore-fathers, that the land shall not be divided.
Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the U. S. army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle. They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up--when the boys from the mountains will rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin. And they will say, 'Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God'. Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when it's liberty hangs by a hair, as it were".

Now, the last half of this prophecy has been quoted by others. But the part I have glazed over before is in bold. When I combine this with the prophecy that there will be secret combinations in our day, and that the goal of these secret combinations is to obtain power within every organization with influence, I am left to conclude there are or will be members of that secret combination in our church at all levels of the LDS Church. I hesitate to discuss this because even bringing forward the question could land people in front of a church court in today's environment. But I need to know what you think of it. Please give me your honest replies. I hope that everyone who does so understands fully the need for anonymity on this site. (Even though I have somewhat cast that aside.)

Simon

Warriors & Watchmen Series available now.
Book 1: Conspiracy Rising
Book 2: Fruits of the Shadow
Book 3: Seeds of Chaos

[Updated on: Thu, 01 October 2015 15:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. [message #3495 is a reply to message #3493] Sun, 04 October 2015 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
There are some interesting prophecies by Bishop John Koyle as follows:

47. Troubles in the valleys for the Church will commence following the passing of the 12th president of the Church (Pres. Kimball).
48. Near the time of the end, many of the General Authorities will become quite old. Troubles will start when three leaders will die in close proximity to one another. The new replacements will not be able to hold the Church together.
49. In the end there will be a great apostasy in the Church. A rift in leadership will cause many members to leave.
Something will happen to make members congregate in and around the churches, and at various other locations to
discuss and ponder the great disturbing changes occurring. This will mark the commencement of the time of problems
for the Church, as well as the time of apostasy.
50. The Bishop told of an interview with the Prophet Joseph in Salt Lake City. The two of them were seeking out the latter general authorities. The Bishop asked Joseph what he was going to do. Joseph's answer was, "I'm going to release them, every last man-jack one of them." (A man-jack is a mule that must be castrated or cut off to remove their unreconcilable stubbornness to Godly direction.) Joseph then stated, "They had their chance and failed!"

You can google Bishop Koyle. I found this at this site:
http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com/2009/08/john-koyle-prophecies-dream-mine.html
Unfortunately, bishop Koyle's prophecies were written down by people who talked to him, not by himself. So they may be hearsay. However, there are many testimonies of his prophetic gift and the accuracy of his dreams.

Bishop
Re: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. [message #3496 is a reply to message #3495] Sun, 04 October 2015 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the themes of conference the last while has been directed at apostasy and questioning the truthfulness of the Church and Church leaders. It is quite apparent that there is currently a serious problem with apostasy. Many return missionaries have left the Church, something very uncommon not too many years ago. Many have become disenchanted with "secrets" from Church history which have "come to light" because of the internet [even tho many of these "secrets" {like polygamy and blacks and the priesthood} have not been hidden at all and are referred to in our scriptures].

We shall see if Bishop Koyle's prophecy about the 3 leaders dying, etc. will come true. It is very intriguing, and seems a possibility, although very bizarre.

Bishop
Re: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. [message #3501 is a reply to message #3496] Mon, 05 October 2015 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Bishop,
I appreciate the reference. While I found some of the items intriguing, much of it might have been referring to the great Dust Bowl and the depression. I am looking for sources which I can quote so that others can research them, as well as the person who gave the prophecy. The vision of George Washington is a good example.

Very Happy

Simon

Re: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. [message #3592 is a reply to message #3501] Wed, 07 March 2018 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Airbender is currently offline  The Airbender
So, is this forum dead?

The three apostles died in quick succession!

Anyway, I have recently (as in, the last few weeks) become awakened to the state of things in the church, and the "falling away" that took place in 1890 when the church officially rejected many of the doctrines taught by Joseph, Brigham, John Taylor and others. It is interesting to ponder the similar situation in which we find Moses when the children of Israel did not want to meet God and he had to give them a lesser law. Or, consider Moroni who was told to shut his mouth. He led the people temporally as best he could, but they would not be led to God.

Is that where we are today? I think so. I think out of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be born the Church of the Firstborn when the sifting of the wheat and tares occurs. I think these doctrines are being rediscovered now for a reason.

I find the part in bold in the original post very convincing.
Re: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr. [message #3594 is a reply to message #3592] Wed, 07 March 2018 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This forum is dormant. It requires a few people willing to discuss things here to wake it up.

As for where we are today, I do think we are living a lesser law than what Joseph Smith restored. I don't believe this is the fault of the leaders. I also believe God is quietly preparing a group of people to head to Jackson County and build Zion. There are some horrible events that have to happen first, but the people are preparing now. Since the time of my original post here, I have come across many other quotes and a much deeper understanding of the sequence of events in the end times.

3 Apostles die in short order was fulfilled. [message #3613 is a reply to message #3594] Wed, 18 July 2018 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Navysky is currently offline  Navysky
During the summer that Packer, Perry and Scott died, I believe this was the beginning of the fulfillment of that prophecy. 3 new Q12 were put in at the next conference to replace them. Since then apostasy has abounded. There is now around 25% activity in the church. And if you don't know what constitutes "active" status, it's merely coming to church once per quarter (once every 3 months or 13 weeks). With mormonleaks there are more people leaving the church and becoming atheists instead. With other websites like puremormonism.blogspot.com, totheremnant.com and anonymousbishop.com as well as many others, these bloggers point out many ways that what is found in scripture has not been the protocol for what is taught in church. So, people are waking up. Now more than ever.
Re: 3 Apostles die in short order was fulfilled. [message #3615 is a reply to message #3613] Fri, 20 July 2018 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was very refreshing to hear President Nelson and others teach about the importance of personal revelation and following the Holy Spirit in the April conference.Ironically, this counsel, if followed can create confusion in the Church but can ultimately save the Church. Confusion because many of the leaders [all levels] do not know how to respect the personal revelation that members may receive [some may be quite bizarre and yet from the Lord]. ie: If Abraham were in your ward or stake and you were his bishop or stake president, would it not be the correct thing to excommunicate him for trying to sacrifice his son? People who walk and talk with God do things that may not fit with policies and procedures of the Church or of society. It can be very challenging for a priesthood leader to respect the personal revelations of his members. We must be very cautious in judging others' inspiration. But if the priesthood leaders were to respect the inspiration of Abraham, it would create much confusion as to what the Church stands for.

I have observed that it is common for a person who receives his calling and election made sure [CE] to be placed in a very precarious position if he/she desires to remain in the Church. He/she must not share with others the experiences he/she is having and must not promote, in church, the importance of receiving CE. All this, even though CE is a doctrine of the Church. Nor should he/she share the things he/she is being taught as a member of the Church of the Firstborn even though those things are scriptural.

Sorry, I'm out of time. But this is some food for thought.

Bishop
Re: 3 Apostles die in short order was fulfilled. [message #3642 is a reply to message #3615] Sat, 23 February 2019 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Airbender is currently offline  The Airbender
Bishop, consider the recent excommunication of Mike Stroud. I believe it goes right along with what you were saying. He began sharing the greater things he had learned with an interested audience and that lost him his membership.
Re: 3 Apostles die in short order was fulfilled. [message #3877 is a reply to message #3642] Sun, 19 July 2020 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
The last time I served as a Gospel Doctrine teacher, covering the Book of Mormon, I found myself bringing up C&E every week, because it was there in the scriptures we were studying. I tried to avoid the topic, but the topic kept coming up, and the Spirit kept telling me to mention it, encouraging people to study those chapters with C&E in mind. There was always at least one member of the Bishopric in attendance, and sometimes a member of the Stake Presidency, not to mention members of the High Council. I was never told I'd gone too far in discussing C&E. I WAS told to avoid other topics, such as the 144,000. I was told the Gospel Doctrine class was a place for milk to be handed out and meat to be avoided. I agree with this stance as the majority of the Church membership is not ready for the meat. I wish they were. I believe we are going to enter a phase in the next 10 years where the milk-sucking members of the Church will fall away or mature into meat eaters. (This is just an analogy, not actually saying everyone must eat meat.) The persecution period of the Church is coming. All that confusion you speak of will become clarity.

- Dragon
Re: 3 Apostles die in short order was fulfilled. [message #3917 is a reply to message #3877] Sun, 04 July 2021 11:27 Go to previous message
It is so interesting to revisit this thread today. Now, more than ever, the bold print in the above prophesy is happening. The Church is walking a tight rope in dealing with many of the very blatant societal attacks on the family and Christianity, in general. Even complying with the government on Covid-19 issues and experimental vaccinations have caused much more controversy among the saints. Critical Race Theory and Black Lives Matter have caused members to take sides with issues that are clearly designed to destroy family, church, and constitutional government by openly marxist manipulators. The Church is in danger of losing tax free status if it deals with these issues in their true spiritual light. The current government has placed Christian religion on notice that it is in danger of abolishment, as in when the LDS Church was being dissolved over the polygamy issue.
I have observed that many who have received their CE have been excommunicated, or at least black-balled from teaching in the Church.
Since the three apostles died, the Church has been splitting, as prophesied in Bishop Koyle's prophesy as quoted above. I'm not saying he was a true prophet or not, but I am saying that this is very interesting, as an observer.
I find it fascinating how things have changed so dramatically since October 2015 when this thread was started. Surely the time of cleansing will soon be upon us. [I've been thinking that for a long time]. Hopefully it is soon upon us so that we can move forward with the Millennium.

Bishop

[Updated on: Sun, 04 July 2021 11:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Frequency of Visions & OBE's
Next Topic: The Endowment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:47:09 MDT 2024