Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Calling and Election Made Sure » How You Received Your Calling and Election Made Sure » Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire?
Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3478] Fri, 21 August 2015 04:33 Go to next message
Stahura is currently offline  Stahura
I have so many different things that I am pondering lately that it's hard to organize my thoughts. I have thought for a long time that there is a connection between the Baptism of Fire and Calling and Election, or at least there is a connection between an experience similar to the Baptism of Fire and Calling and Election.

My question is, to those who have their C&E, did that moment come with a baptism of fire, or a similar experience? If not, could you explain please?

I have spent countless hours searching and praying to understand this, and most of that time was on my mission so my only tools were the scriptures and prayer, it's a blessing to have the internet now. I will get married in October, and me and my fiance want to truly be sealed by The Holy Spirit of Promise. Please help Smile
Re: Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3479 is a reply to message #3478] Fri, 21 August 2015 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Yes. Very powerful spirit! Almost overwhelming. It was incredible.

Your question requires a better response... I don't have time at present. But I will say that for many people, like Seeker, (also on this forum), the sealing by the Holy Spirit of Promise can come prior to the sealing in the temple. God does not wait on man and spiritual ordinances are more valid than physical ones.

Although they were sealed by God prior to their temple sealing, and they recognized it, they waited to have the temple sealing before consummating the marriage. (For the benefit of others).

Also, he has some sound advice about waiting on sex until it happens naturally via natural progression of the relationship as opposed to the norm of holding hands and kissing and then jumping all the natural steps in a physical relationship and having sex out of the blue on your wedding night, just because you can. Worth asking him about and considering.

Peace,
Amonhi

[Updated on: Fri, 21 August 2015 15:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3480 is a reply to message #3479] Sun, 13 September 2015 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
For me it was not so overwhelmingly powerful as when I was originally baptized by fire [at age 16, even tho I was baptized and confirmed at age 8]. It was more of a profoundly peaceful reassurance. Because of this, I wonder if I had received CE previously but not accepted it or understood it.

Being sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise to your soul mate is a very worthy goal. It has much to do with your ability to spiritually search together and to truly love one another and others more than oneself. You must be a unit, synergistically serving others.

I cannot say I have a recipe other than to pray,study and ponder together and have your companionship inventories faithfully. You may find it helpful to pray vocally in the same prayer as moved upon by the Spirit. What this looks like: You start the prayer and she interjects her heartfelt thoughts vocally and you interject your thoughts also-finishing each other's sentences as it were.

I hope this helps. Think about it and discuss it with her. Most of this stuff comes naturally and is not forced.

May God Bless you. Your honest desires will surely be fulfilled

Bishop
Re: Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3484 is a reply to message #3478] Sun, 20 September 2015 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
There were a few powerful experiences, any of which would have confirmed that I have my Calling and Election Made Sure.

1. When I was 12, I was taken by an angel to meet with Jesus Christ. Along the way, she (the angel) taught me many things, filled my mind with knowledge and gave my soul experience in communicating. But most importantly is the interview with Jesus. He was kind and loving, of course, and he had some important instructions for me.

2. I had a girlfriend for two years, and we had many difficulties. We both wanted to be together, and get married, but she wasn't ready to marry someone as broken as I was. I prayed as to whether she was the one for me. I was taken to the presence of Jesus, and we reviewed the plan for my life. The same plan that He and I agreed on before I was born into this world. It showed me the map of my life, a road of difficulties, followed by a painful death. I also saw that would have two wives along the path. My first wife would pass away after only a short marriage, and I would soon marry another. I would need the strength of both of them, one on this side of the veil, and one on the other, to accomplish the tasks God asked me, and foreordained me to do. I am still on that path, and it leads to exhalation.

3. When my first wife died, she came to me. I felt her spirit in the room, and she told me that the only accomplishment in her life that mattered was our Celestial Marriage. She confirmed to me that our marriage was celestial, so long as I did not violate it while here on this Earth.

4. I often have doubts, as many do, as to whether I am strong enough to do what God is asking of me. I felt His presence near me, and He showed me how He sees me. From time to time He shows me this again, when I wonder if I am making progress.

All of these experiences showed me what has been promised. There was no question of what else I needed to do, and I now understand the first experience was when I received my C&E. The others could not have happened without it.

- Dragon
Re: Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3486 is a reply to message #3484] Sun, 20 September 2015 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Thanks for sharing, Dragon. Yours is an amazing story with much to learn from. Having someone on the other side of the veil is most invaluable as we struggle thru mortality.

Bishop
Re: Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3505 is a reply to message #3478] Mon, 02 November 2015 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stahura is currently offline  Stahura
Thank you very much Smile
Re: Did an Immersion of The Spirit accompany your C&E? Like the Baptism of Fire? [message #3571 is a reply to message #3478] Sun, 28 May 2017 09:02 Go to previous message
Anonymous
It was 3 days of overwhelming spiritual feeling. The strongest Ive had that came in waves on top of each other. By the end of the three days I was physically exhausted. My frame was having a hard time beating it, but it was a good feeling none the less.
Previous Topic: Never Abandoned Again
Next Topic: My Story
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:05:48 MDT 2024