Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Current Church Doctrine » The Parable of the Stars (A new view of understanding prophecies of the Second Coming)
The Parable of the Stars [message #189] Sat, 12 February 2011 19:32
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
When looking upon the sky, at the setting of the sun, I was impressed with how magnificent and omnipresent the change was from day to night. The colors were obvious, bold, and everywhere. No one who has seen a twilight could mistake it for anything but a changing between light and dark.

The thought came to my mind, so it is now, on the verge of changing from light to dark. We are at the twilight of this period of history.

Soon after, but certainly not immediately, I could identify a few stars, the brightest stars in the sky. Knowing quite a bit about astronomy, I was able to quickly determine which was Sirius, which was Jupiter, and a few others. It is at this time of night when only a few stars are obvious, but using them as guides, and knowing the pattern, others can be spotted before they also become brilliantly obvious.

It came to my mind that this is how the revelations and prophecies of the second coming will unfold. First a few here, and a few there, where those who study the prophecies with the Spirit are able to identify the beginnings of the fulfillment of other, related prophecies. And as events unfold, the fulfillment of prophecies will become more and more obvious to even the casual observer. Certainly, those who do not know the pattern of the stars will not be able to understand as much as those who have spent their time looking at star charts, and able to identify even the faintest of visible stars.

Then, as the long night continues, more constellations will appear. Or in other words, more groups of prophecies will be fulfilled. Using the pattern of the stars, an astronomer can predict how much longer it will be before dawn. So too, for those who study the prophecies will know how quickly events are happening until the great day of the Savior's return. We cannot define the day or the hour, but there will be enough events to show us He will be coming very soon.

Our ability to see the stars is in direct proportion our distance from distracting influences, such as the lights of the city. So, also, our ability to discern the fulfillment of prophecy is affected by spiritual distractions.

The stars are given in the heavens for signs and for seasons. They have played an important role in history to tell the farmers when to plant crops, when to harvest, and other such things. They even testified of the birth of the Savior. Thus, the time prior to the Savior's return has been prophesied so many times as to act as a guide through the dark times and troubles. It will show to those who believe that all things are done according to God's pattern. There will be those who will say God has delayed His coming. But for those who know the whole pattern, the time will be clear, and the proper time of the Lord will be obvious.

- Dragon

- Dragon

[Updated on: Sun, 13 February 2011 16:40]

Report message to a moderator

Next Topic: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge - Jehovah
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:12:03 MDT 2024