Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » The Committee (Empnasize the importance of a calling)
The Committee [message #143] Wed, 21 July 2010 21:18 Go to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
About three years ago, I was called to teach Aaronic Priesthood young men. At the time, the group had some boys that were very disruptive.
A few weeks after the call, I sensed a "committee" of spirits following me around all day long. When I asked why they were there, they said that they were observing me. Were they aware of my past? Yes, they were aware. They knew me.
Why were they observing me? They must have been trying to see my worthiness. The answer finally came at the end of the day. They wanted to impress upon my mind that I would be called upon to teach precious boys who needed spiritual tutoring. They wanted to be sure that I would do the job correctly.
I did not believe this could possibly be the young men I was currently teaching; perhaps I would be teaching my future children or grandchildren. Why would "the committee" show up after I was called if it was the Aaronic priesthood boys?
A few months later, the answer came. I had some spiritually-minded boys move into the quorum as the carnally-minded boys moved out. I was able to plant within them seeds of their own great possibilities and potential, such as being able to see the Savior in this life. One of the boys in the new group had even seen angels [I detected in one of the classes by what he said].
The committee of angels was there to emphasize to me the importance of my new calling, not to detect my worthiness as I had originally surmised.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 July 2010 16:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Committee [message #2573 is a reply to message #143] Sun, 16 June 2013 22:47 Go to previous message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
What else is more important than teaching youth, whom are the future front lines for good, how to become closer to the Savior? Leaders whom have the spirit with them strongly have made great lasting impression on youth.
Previous Topic: The Presence
Next Topic: Being Taught by an Angel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:53:13 MDT 2024