Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » As a Child
As a Child [message #2976] Tue, 06 May 2014 10:37
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney
I was a convert of two years and 9 weeks shortly after school let out in the summer of 1972. The early days of June were sunny and bright in the two story home of my family of 6 (at the time)that we rented. My non-member father at work and my primary president mother at a meeting meant this was a Tuesday morning around 10 a.m. Wednesday afternoon would bring primary.

I don't remember anything else that day except what I experienced as an eleven year old boy. I sat on the upstairs bed of my parents with one of those not so small, clunky, built in the 40's(?) type writer. I was deeply engaged in typing out my tithing receipt for something like a dime. I could see the sun directly through the bank of 7 windows about 2 feet wide and 4 feet tall. It was a nice day and my face was to the windows with the long end of the room to my right and the door a few feet away to my back right.

As I worked the gizmo's of the typewriter the room grew dark as clouds covered the sun and I looked out at it to discover that there were no clouds covering the sun. The room; however, was quite dark and I became aware of someone else in the room at the far end. I turned but saw no one... let me rephrase. I saw a man in a long robe like what we see as period clothing from the days of Abraham. He had a dark beard and medium long dark hair. He stood a few inches off the floor. I could see all this detail, but I couldn't see anything with my eyes. It was quite unexpected but I trusted that what I 'sensed' was the reality. I quickly stood up and the figure tilted slightly in my direction and moved like what I can only describe as a 'glide'. He closed the distance in a mere second. As he arrived in front of me I couldn't see him, but he hit my chest with enough force to knock me on my back on the bed.

Let me explain that the force was not like someone hitting you in the chest, then your rib cage compressing. It was that my whole chest, front to back and side to side was pushed all at once as if my upper torso was impacted all at the same time and force. Not like being hit, but more like a full transfer of momentum... or like he grabbed each molecule in that zone at once.

I was able to get up and made my way to the door in haste and bolted to the stairs with a double handrail. (one on each side). As I stepped down a couple steps, my right ankle felt like a hand grabbed it and was held back. If not for he double handrail I would have sailed headlong down the stairs. Reaching the bottom I opened the door, ran through the kitchen then living room and out the front door. I didn't stop until I reached the middle of the front street. I honestly don't remember what happened after that.

Shortly after that I would experience times I would hear breathing and other times I would feel my body start shaking slightly, yet I didn't seem to be moving. I had been so terrified I made the decision not to read the book of Mormon so the adversary would have no need to bother me ever again. I didn't read the BoM until my senior year before going on a mission. The shaking in bed never went away and over the last year and a half I have experienced it something like 20 - 25 times. Each time I command it to depart but it brings those memories back, and each time the shaking stops.

I have never prayed about that experience until yesterday when I finally learned I should ask more questions of the Lord, but that is for another thread.
Previous Topic: Possession, 2
Next Topic: Ignoring the Demons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:22:29 MDT 2024