Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Discuss Elliaison Books and Articles » The Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ » Forward - Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it? (Discuss points related to, "Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it?")
Forward - Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it? [message #5] Fri, 11 June 2010 15:47 Go to next message
Elliaison_Admin
Administrator
Please use this topic to discuss thoughts, questions and comments relating to: "Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it?"
Re: Forward - Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it? [message #466 is a reply to message #5] Thu, 07 June 2012 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eve_ is currently offline  Eve_
I had never thought that it was right to share these experiences. I am still trying to decide if it is. Not that I condemn others who do. I have read the experiences on this forum and they are uplifting. I am wondering why people would talk about it. To make it widely known that it is possible. On the other hand, there may be a tendency to brag or a temptation to do so. What are other people's opinions on this (whether or not you have had this experience)?
Re: Forward - Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it? [message #470 is a reply to message #466] Sat, 09 June 2012 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Revelation
Quote:
Chapter 6
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Chapter 7
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

My understanding of these passages is as follows: A question was asked at the end of chapter 6: Who can withstand the great tribulations prior to the second coming. The answer is chapter 7, the 144,000 and the millions who they bring to the Church of the Firstborn. These are they who can endure the tribulations. How then, shall the 144,000 teach others to have their calling and election made sure if they cannot speak of the experience?

However, I would never describe from the pulpit that I had my C&E made sure. It is too sacred for such an audience. In these forums, I am able to speak more freely because I am anonymous to all but a few, with whom I am comfortable speaking of these things anyway. It is not something to boast about, any more than being baptized is something to boast about. Pride is a constant temptation to many people, and I am no exception. However, I have never felt inclined to share my C&E experiences in an attempt to elevate myself in the eyes of others.

- Dragon

- Dragon
Re: Forward - Do people really receive these blessings and talk about it? [message #471 is a reply to message #466] Sat, 09 June 2012 19:43 Go to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Eve_ wrote on Thu, 07 June 2012 21:46
I had never thought that it was right to share these experiences. I am still trying to decide if it is. Not that I condemn others who do. I have read the experiences on this forum and they are uplifting. I am wondering why people would talk about it. To make it widely known that it is possible. On the other hand, there may be a tendency to brag or a temptation to do so. What are other people's opinions on this (whether or not you have had this experience)?

Most people who have heard of the blessing but have not received it think that it is too personal to share with others. Some people believe that when you receive the promise you are sworn to secrecy.

When I received the promise I thought that I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. Then I spoke with Seeker who said that he and his wife were commanded to tel all their immediate family about their experience. He asked me, "Were you instructed not to share?" I thought about it and realized that I was not told to keep it secret and that I had picked that up from what I had heard from people who had not received it themselves. (Like they were experts or something. LOL)

So I prayed about it and was told to share it and that my witness would "bring many to the knowledge of the truth". Later when I was ordained by the angels to "bring as many as will come to the Church of the Firstborn" I realized that I could not do my job, as Dragon pointed out, without telling people that I have received the promise and so am not speaking from mere conjecture or theory but from personal experience.

Some missionaries who don't have a testimony themselves go out saying, "Pray and you will get an answer." But they haven't even gotten their own answers. They aren't sharing their own experiences because they don't have one. Other missionaries say, "When I prayed, I felt this and said that and then had this experience and it changed my life in these ways." I got am email just recently where a guy said that he prayed the 3 questions from the chapter "The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure". He then told me what happened and started describing to me an experience that was new to him. He told ma about his thoughts as he was having the experience and described it so perfectly that although he didn't realize what was happening, I knew it right off. I told him what was happening and pointed to some scriptures where others had experienced the same thing.

When people keep their mouths closed, we loose a number of very important things.

First, the events seem rare when they are not. When we think they are rare, then we can too easily exclude ourselves from the experience as only being reserved for a select few at the top of the priesthood/church.

Second, we don't understand them. They remain mysterious and unknown. Even though who have the experiences do not understand them well and have no one to discuss their experiences with. We all grow so much more when we are able to freely and openly share with each other our experiences. This is the entire point of the scriptures. This is why we all gain so much from reading the many stories and experiences shared here.

Someday, C&E will be as common as baptism is today. But that will not happen as long as we all keep our experiences to ourselves.

telling someone that you have received the blessing is not prideful, it is stating a fact. Pride is when we set ourselves above others. If we were to say, "I have it and you don't so I'm better than you and you have to follow me", then I would have been prideful and hopefully you would have the sense to NOT follow me.

Pride always requires a person to be above and remain above others. They don't try to make others equals. They want to be greater than others, not equals. So, The prideful have to tell you that you cannot do what they did because they are somehow greater than you. The moment you do what they have done, they need to find some other way to elevate themselves above you, to maintain their pride.

But when someone says, I did it and you can too, they are not setting themselves above other people. They are trying to make others equal with them. Raising others who want to do the same to the higher level.

Now, you have to ask who benefits if we keep our mouths closed and how?

What are the pros and cons for God if we keep our mouths closed?

What are the pros and cons for Satan if we keep our mouths closed?

What are the pros and cons for me if I keep my mouth closed?

What are the pros and cons for others if I keep my mouth closed?
Previous Topic: How Do We Know When We Have Built Our House on "The Rock of the Gospel"?
Next Topic: Forward - Why would anyone be ridiculed for sharing their uplifting personal testimony and experienc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 05:45:07 MDT 2024