Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.?
Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.? [message #2861] Fri, 13 December 2013 21:00 Go to next message
jdowntown is currently offline  jdowntown
First, off let me say thanks for setting up this forum. I have found the topics and discussions to be enlightening.
I am fascinated with the accounts of angels, demons, visions, and so on. Yet I reflect on my own life and can say that I have never had any experience where I have knowingly seen or interacted with an angel or demon, nor had anything I would call a vision or meaningful dream (yes I have dreams but not that kind).
So here is my question: are some people just more open or inclined to have or prone to these types of experiences? Or is it that my eyes are just closed, faith insufficient, not cleansed from sin, something else? Thoughts?
Re: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.? [message #3348 is a reply to message #2861] Sat, 07 June 2014 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
It is true some are more open to seeing angels than others, and some are harder for demons to see. I know people who have avoided the public eye because they do not want demons to know where they are. If you want to see or feel angels around you, the first step is to learn to speak their language. 2 Nephi talks about this. It can be learned, but it takes time.

Dragon

- Dragon
Re: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.? [message #3353 is a reply to message #2861] Sat, 05 July 2014 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney
jdowntown,

It may be one of those "gift of the spirit" things. I've seen quite a few who linger after their time in mortality, but I've seen no angel that I know of, and like you... I've wondered about that.

Dragon... maybe you can start a post about your comment. I've never heard anyone talk about learning such a language. Not that I know anyone, personally, who has seen and talked with angels. This sounds interesting.

~Rodney
Re: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.? [message #3354 is a reply to message #3353] Sat, 05 July 2014 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
I posted my experience with my first angelic visit here: http://www.elliaison.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=15&start=0&rid=9&S=c0bcba07215a5f0a94e2a9fd2e7385f8

This is how I learned the tongue of angels. I was given a crash course in it. I know she was teaching me how to communicate with angels, which is why I know it can be taught. I haven't heard anything about mortals teaching each other, but I believe it can be done.

- Dragon
Re: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.? [message #3379 is a reply to message #3353] Sat, 01 November 2014 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Rodney wrote on Sat, 05 July 2014 04:14
jdowntown,

It may be one of those "gift of the spirit" things. I've seen quite a few who linger after their time in mortality, but I've seen no angel that I know of, and like you... I've wondered about that.

~Rodney

Rodney,

I agree that this may be a "gift of the spirit" (or multiple gifts). I've seen dark and light beings from beyond the veil for my entire life - though I certainly did not consider it a "gift" until a few years ago. I'm not sure why the veil seems to be inherently thinner in this way for some people and not for others.

~Jules
Re: Are some more open to angels, demons, etc.? [message #3384 is a reply to message #2861] Sat, 01 November 2014 12:56 Go to previous message
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney
Dragon... thanks for the link. I really liked it.

I appreciate every experience that is shared, they are uplifting and give profound hope.

...and thank you too Jules.
Previous Topic: Being Taught by an Angel
Next Topic: An Angel In My Bedroom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:07:26 MDT 2024