Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Frequency of Visions & OBE's
Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2700] Thu, 22 August 2013 21:02 Go to next message
Binyamin is currently offline  Binyamin
I recently discovered that on almost a nightly basis since I was a very young boy I have been leaving my body in what I discovered 8 or 9 years ago is called "Astral Projection" or "Out of Body Experiences". These have been something that have happened so frequently that until just recently I didn't understand what was occurring every night. I have had several OBE's that I remember distinctly and that I was fully awake for. The ones that I have almost nightly all occur while sleeping. The ones that I was awake for I was able to induce with my own mind and through simple prayer. I always have had an innate sense that these are sacred and special experiences. I have only shared with my wife that I have this gift and have never tried to play with it in any way except for when the spirit allowed me to go out. I learned at some point that these can be dangerous if your spirit isn't in a "safe" place and if you haven't received approval from angels or the spirit. I learned just a few months ago that evil spirits can attempt to posses your body if your own spirit is not in it. This taught me why there is danger in leaving your body and why angels need to be near for these experiences.

The OBE's that I induced were particularly potent to my mind, memory, spirit, and body. I felt presence of a passed away brother every time. I would cause my body to begin to vibrate and then I would simply...separate. I would "float" around my bedroom watching myself cry extremely hard. Some of this crying was mourning and some of it was extremely happy. Each time these occurred it was incredibly therapeutic to my mind and soul. I would become more confident and feel safer. Having lost my dad at a young age, this was something that I craved deeply. These experiences were purifying and brought perfect clarity to my spiritual mind. Each time I returned to my body the clarity quickly became muddled. I now feel that I was speaking with angels and seeing things as spirits only can and was able to receive further light and knowledge as a result.

The OBE's that I have had nightly since this time are incredible. I had know idea what they were till now. Most mornings I wake up feeling pure and renewed in an almost impossibly amazing way. I feel like a new person each day and feel protected and rejuvenated. My spirit feels powerful and without pride. I feel that I can achieve anything. When I was young I did not give the credit for this feeling to God but I did as I aged.I go to sleep and my body would almost instantaneously separate from my spirit. I instantly fall into an OBE. As I mentioned before, I PREVIOUSLY had no idea that these were OBE's until recently. I begin to fall into a peaceful state where I feel entirely peaceful and open. My spirit is released and I usually seem to watch over my wife and kids. I also mourn great atrocities (sins) in the lives of my family members and my self. I didn't realize until recently that I was open to knowledge of things in these "Visions" that my body wasn't privy to. When I awake in the mornings I always feel as if I know so much in very extreme deep ways. I feel an ultimate but humble understanding. This quickly leaves my spirit as I get into my day but still provides wonderful peace. My spirit has fallen into the habit of wanting sleep very badly (in healthy ways) because of the further light and knowledge that brings perfect peace.

Over time the gift to induce one of these experiences in full consciousness was lost because of youthful indiscretions that prevented spiritual gifts from remaining and being active. I didn't know at that time that it was a gift or why it had left. though I did know that it was sacred.

I had no idea until 2 days ago, when I had a particularly powerful OBE that I was fully awake for, that I had been having these OBE's virtually every night for 15 years. This particular OBE replicated the ones that I induced as a young man. It also fully and completely was manifested exactly the same as all of the ones that have occurred nightly since as long as I can remember. I went into a spirit realm of angels and perfect peace. But it didn't start this way. It began with an experience I can only describe as what I envision Joseph Smith felt just prior his first vision of the Father and the Son. I was attacked by evil on all sides and felt if I was falling into a deep dark hole that I could never climb from. All my sins were very clear to me and I felt as if I didn't deserve anything good ever again. I new that this was wrong immediately. I instantly began praying for safety and bringing Christ to my mind. (At first, my wife came to my mind. This I think is because I have at times struggled between putting her and the Lord first.) All of the sudden in the darkness a small particle of light broke through and quickly became larger. Christ came towards me with a very concerned but loving look in His eye and as I chose Him as my Master, Him and I simultaneously commanded the darkness to disperse. Which it did without argument. From this point on in my OBE, Vision, or whatever you want to call it (I will refer to it as a vision from here on out) I was entirely free from all evil, temptation, or sin. I was completely free of the Fallen State of my body.

I began to see in perfect understanding the fallen state we are all in and how little our mortal minds and bodies understand. Most of the world, particularly America, act in extremely possessed ways without ever knowing it. This is particularly prevalent in the Church but mostly because we have access to Further Light and Knowledge and we simply do not partake of it. Satan is 1000 times more adept at tricking us than we even know. I saw my wife and my sister as well as my children. They were all safe. My kids were particularly safe and protected 24/7 by angels that are from our family. My father, grandmothers, brother, and cousin were there. I didn't get to communicate with them but knew they were protecting my children. I couldn't see into my sisters understandings of life or her experience that brought her to where she was. I think this is because she is not in my immediate family. I have the power to receive Visions and revelation for MY family but not my extended family..?? My wife on the other hand I could see with extreme clarity. She has an extremely refined spirit and knows things that are of such a sacred nature I can not repeat them here. Some of these we discussed and some I "heard". Some of these that I heard I no longer remember. My wife is also hurting tremendously. Her desire is one of extreme Charity. She wants deep truth to come to all people and sees the inconsistencies of hypocrisies with ease. Her gift of discernment is powerful. She can see how easily people can get out of Satan's traps but are simply refusing to let life be hard (refining) and are choosing to allow themselves to live in mediocrity and sin. This again, is very prevalent in the church.

I was also able to see much of myself and began to physically (I watched my body and watched my wife watch me) laugh and cry without stopping. I felt perfect emotion. I discovered that God does not get angry in any sinful ways because he has the power to understand all emotions all at once and accept them all as good and reasonable and with importance. This is a skill that heavenly beings also have. I do not know if there were angels from different levels of righteousness around me though I presume that there were. I reached such depths of happiness, sadness, sorrow, and wonder that I knew I was feeling things to their fullest extent. The feelings and emotions were powerful and still bring me to tears. I didn't feel any fear or anxiety besides at the beginning when evil was present.

I wandered in my Vision around the house and continued to watch over my wife and children as I always do each night in my other OBE's.

It took me what felt like weeks and months to leave my vision. Though while I was in the Vision I never felt hurried or seemed aware that there might be time waiting for me somewhere. I knew that time existed with my body but since the beginning of my Vision time had ceased to exist. The feeling of it being a "long time" came to me after I exited my vision.

The emotions that I felt in my Vision were extremely potent and full as I stated above. The experiences with my Savior and my Wife were particularly of interest to me.

In my Vision I became aware that evil is everywhere but is coming in new and fuller ways today as more and more people accept evil influences. I felt that the earth is soon going to be cleansed. I also felt that this cleansing is coming soon. I had the forceful revelation that my family requires my protection to successfully fight through the storms that will come VERY soon.

There are a lot more details to this vision that I have forgotten, intentionally with held because of their sacred nature, not added because of the time consuming nature (I could type all night about the things I saw), or that simply have not been reminded to me by the Spirit for whatever reason while I have typed. I feel that this narration is only an extremely small part of all I saw.

I learned for the first time in my life that I am an extremely important person to God. I was able to see this finally. I became aware that my gift is extremely rare in its frequency and that I have this gift for a reason. This gift relates somehow to the pureness of the priesthood that is soon to come. I also learned that I was extremely vital to God's efforts pre-mortally and remain so mortally. I do not think this means that I was any more special than another. Only vital. I realized that my gifts are powerful and can only be manifest fully in consistent and complete righteousness that relates somehow to my C&E.

I type these things and the details I included not to be flippant or to share something sacred lightly. I share this because I believe it is a warning to all of us but of course applies particularly to me and my family. I do not want someone else to "interpret" what some of this could mean for me. These kind of things are meant to be solved and understood over time and step by step. I realize the sacred nature of this kind of topic. From my reading on this site I believe that noone will post flippantly or without deep thought and prayer and experience or questions.

My questions:

Has anyone else had recent strong revelation of the "impending doom" within and outside the church?

Has anyone else experienced Visions in the form of OBE's?

Is it unique to have these since such a young age? Though i wasn't allowed to be aware of them until I was much older.

Does anything with in my experience open your mind to new truths that can be posted here?

What are your thoughts regarding the lack of anger, fear, anxiety, etc in the eternal realms?

What are your thoughts regarding the fact that emotions are completely understood in Heaven and are there for all completely good and joy inducing?

Does anyone else voluntarily leave their body?

If so, what do you do to ensure the safety of your physical vessel while you are out?

What is the significance of frequent visions?

What are your perceptions of the timeless state of life outside of the mortal realm?

Thank You All,

Binyamin

_Fortunate_
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2701 is a reply to message #2700] Fri, 23 August 2013 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
Wow, some of my friends and I have been wanting someone to start a post addressing some of these things but I have felt inadequate in doing so. I have several thoughts and questions to add but I need to go to work but I wanted to tell you thanks for the courage you have shown in starting this.
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2702 is a reply to message #2700] Fri, 23 August 2013 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zone
Binyamin wrote on Thu, 22 August 2013 21:02
My wife is also hurting tremendously. Her desire is one of extreme Charity. She wants deep truth to come to all people and sees the inconsistencies of hypocrisies with ease. Her gift of discernment is powerful. She can see how easily people can get out of Satan's traps but are simply refusing to let life be hard (refining) and are choosing to allow themselves to live in mediocrity and sin. This again, is very prevalent in the church.

Would you be willing to explain this a little more? I think its pretty clear but just want to be certain I understood it right.

Binyamin

My experience is limited but I will respond anyways.

Has anyone else had recent strong revelation of the "impending doom" within and outside the church?

I have read others but I have had one of the "joy" that will be during the millennium instead of the coming doom.

I have not. But I have read a few books of others who have. Like Life everlasting by Duane Crowther mainly Near death experiences though.

Is it unique to have these since such a young age? Though i wasn't allowed to be aware of them until I was much older.

Unique probably. But does happen. Seems everyone really doees have "gifts of the spirit" that all may be edified together. I feel like I don't have very many though lol. Mine is gift of knowledge which I feel others have that too so out of the loop here Laughing Dreams is one that I do have occasionally but still rarely. Yes I am trying to pray for others!

Does anything with in my experience open your mind to new truths that can be posted here?

Certainly an eye opener. Truths? Well just another witness that things are not going to be pretty very soon yikes... haha. Its disheartening to read things like "how easily people can get out of Satan's traps but are simply refusing to let life be hard (refining) and are choosing to allow themselves to live in mediocrity and sin" because I know I fall into this trap often.

What are your thoughts regarding the lack of anger, fear, anxiety, etc in the eternal realms?

Its really non existentent. The one dream I had of the millenium all I could really feel was joy. I knew it was pure happiness what was taking place and the rest of life became non existent. When I awoke I remember going back to high school and thinking nothing today could ruin my mood I was so happy and wanted ALL day to just go home and continue in that dream of happiness and joy. I prayed for it all day but didn't happen lol.

What are your thoughts regarding the fact that emotions are completely understood in Heaven and are there for all completely good and joy inducing?

From sources I have read it seems that all things record our actions. The elments, rock, furniture, wood, trees, all record our actions, good and bad and testify of those actions continually before God. All thoughts and intents, and reasons why people do things will be revealed as well to the angels (maybe only if required not sure). Nothing will be hidden but no body will care because they will also sense that perfect love that exists among spirits. If your a good spirit at least.

If so, what do you do to ensure the safety of your physical vessel while you are out?

What are your perceptions of the timeless state of life outside of the mortal realm?

Its more irrelevant than timeless. Probably both. Everything is in perfect faith and order so that there is no need to hurry. Though it seems in some visions Joseph Smith was in a hurry to get everything done before Christ comes again. So perhaps there is a limit to the non shalant way of going about things. Everything will happen according to the will of God.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 August 2013 10:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2704 is a reply to message #2700] Sun, 25 August 2013 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27

My questions:

Yes, what started my awakening was a dream I had where I was visited by a being in pure white confirming to me to start preparing. I later recognized the messenger off of an old priesthood manual.

I have messed around with meditation like 4 times. Every time I have came to the vibration stage with a partial separation or was able to see things not of this world. I haven't reached a full separation where I have been wandering around and remembered but time has lapsed and I haven't fully remembered my meditation.

Yes for sure. I've been waiting for someone to explain these gifts more to me and maybe expound more on how to develop these gifts more fully.

I've tried 4 times. I have taken a break but I am thinking of trying it again this week.

If so, what do you do to ensure the safety of your physical vessel while you are out? I asked for my body and my residence to be shielded from evil and unclean things and possibly guarded by angels.

It's different.

Thank You All,

Binyamin

I am sorry for my lack of time. I hope to revisit this thread though.
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2748 is a reply to message #2700] Sun, 22 September 2013 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Oops, I was doing some forum maintenance work for Elliaison, (removing spam user accounts and such), and accidentally posted my comments using the Admin account. I am reposting using my account...

Binyamin, Thank you for sharing this very powerful and personal experience(s)! I would like to answer your questions for myself.

Quote:

I have not

Quote:

Yes, I have, though not as often as you.

Quote:

It is rare. It is also quite common to forget. Because it is common to forget, it is hard to say how many have visions and OBE's and just don't remember.

Quote:

Not new, but I did want to tell you that in that state you can learn anything you want, visit the new Jerusalem, meet anyone you want, go anywhere you want, even to the ends of the universe, read sealed books, etc. Huge worlds open to you... I can't even begin to tell you the possibilities available to the spirit which are not available to the body. I teach people how to meditate for the purpose of obtaining information and answers. For some, it is easy and more natural than for others. I recommend that you think of a few questions or people you would like meet so that you can maximize the benefits of that time. You are also able to help others, heal people, etc.

Quote:

This is a more natural state than being in the body as the body is a newer addition to us. I love spending time there. I have never had issues with devils or satan either. (Possibly because they have been cast out of my life and have no power over me.) I also trust my body. It serves me very well. We are a team. I love it and it loves me. I think that it would not allow anyone else to enter it.

Quote:

In this screwed up mortal world, we judge things as evil when they are not. To the pure ALL things are pure. That will get you into trouble if you tried to tell someone who was used to judging people and things. But as far as feelings go, they are not physical, they are spiritual. You can't touch, taste, see, smell or hear feelings. We experience them with our spiritual bodies. This is one reason the spiritual can feel/be more real than the physical. The spiritual can affect the physical is tremendous ways! Our bodies react to emotions. Love is healing and hate/fear is damaging. Consider that first we have a thought or an experience, then we judge the the thought or experience, then based on our judgement, hormones are released into our bodies which affect our bodies. But the mental judgement and spiritual feeling comes first and initiates the physical reaction via the hormones.

In some cases our bodies release hormones and we feel the reaction prior to having a thought or judgement or feeling. Then we react by trying going backwards from physical reaction to feeling to judgement to thought. This is when people have irrational fears for example, or maybe when a woman has a strong hormonal change and reacts by thinking of something that normally only bugs her a little but when tagged with all the energy of the hormone swing it becomes the biggest problem in her life.

Quote:

At times I have. But my preference is to remain in my body while using my spirit to find answers. It seems to me that it is easier to bring back information. It is a much slower way to learn as the spirit can gain incredible amounts of information and experience in a split second, but getting that information into the conscious mind of the body can at times be difficult. Going slower allows the body to remember more or even to record what you see/learn via mp3 recorder for example.

Quote:

I have heard many call on angels to remain as body guards. You can bless your body. I generally have spiritual shields around me, and of course casting Satan out of your life is very helpful too. I would start with requesting angels and then creating spiritual shields. Wow, where to start with spiritual shields...

I haven't read this site before, but at a glance they look like they get the idea...Spiritual Armor

Quote:

I believe that it means your 3rd eye or spiritual eyes are open. You are not relying soly on your physical body and have a solid connection/access to your spiritual senses. The goal in this life is to add to our spiritual senses the senses of the body. Not to ignore the spirit for the body or even the body for the spirit. They both have tremendous value and use. The body cannot do what the spirit can do, but neither can the spirit do what the body can do.

Quote:

It feels timeless, and in many ways it is. Because you can learn so fast, travel so fast, etc. You can also witness events that have taken place in the past and see possible futures. So it really seems timeless. You can have hours and even days worth of experiences in minutes. I once was walking and had a vision/OBE in which I flew to the end of the universe and saw what OUR universe looked like from a distance and then flew all the way back to my body and then down into the atoms in my body and saw some of the infinitely small life forms that lived on one of the electrons and then back into myself in the period of time it took to take a single step/stride.

~ Seeker
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2749 is a reply to message #2748] Sun, 22 September 2013 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I wondered about that Seeker.... Laughing

~Jules
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2764 is a reply to message #2702] Mon, 30 September 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My wife is also hurting tremendously. Her desire is one of extreme Charity. She wants deep truth to come to all people and sees the inconsistencies of hypocrisies with ease. Her gift of discernment is powerful. She can see how easily people can get out of Satan's traps but are simply refusing to let life be hard (refining) and are choosing to allow themselves to live in mediocrity and sin. This again, is very prevalent in the church.

Would you be willing to explain this a little more? I think its pretty clear but just want to be certain I understood it right.

I dont know that I truly understand this portion very well yet. I am still trying to understand everything with the clarity needed and be patient so that the truth can come through to me when I am ready.

I was able to SEE and FEEL the pain that my wife has felt through much of our marriage. I was also able to see the deep sorrow that she feels for the people of this earth who are suffering because of their lack of understanding or lack of desire to learn. She truly FEELS things in the mortal state that I am only knowingly able to feel in an OBE. This was incredible for me to see. The hearts of men will wax cold in the last days. I feel like some of my wax is finally begining to melt off.

My experience is limited but I will respond anyways.

I have read others but I have had one of the "joy" that will be during the millennium instead of the coming doom.

I love your answer to the question I asked. Since I posted I have since come too see the great hope and joy that exists in this destruction. This also seems to be prior to the millennium but probably related.

I have not. But I have read a few books of others who have. Like Life everlasting by Duane Crowther mainly Near death experiences though.

Unique probably. But does happen. Seems everyone really doees have "gifts of the spirit" that all may be edified together. I feel like I don't have very many though lol. Mine is gift of knowledge which I feel others have that too so out of the loop here Laughing Dreams is one that I do have occasionally but still rarely. Yes I am trying to pray for others!

Certainly an eye opener. Truths? Well just another witness that things are not going to be pretty very soon yikes... haha. Its disheartening to read things like "how easily people can get out of Satan's traps but are simply refusing to let life be hard (refining) and are choosing to allow themselves to live in mediocrity and sin" because I know I fall into this trap often.

This is also a feeling that I feel frequently. Hopefully I did not come across as condemning to others or judging them. I meant to refer to the feeling of true charity for all of those involved in sins, including oneself.

Its really non existentent. The one dream I had of the millenium all I could really feel was joy. I knew it was pure happiness what was taking place and the rest of life became non existent. When I awoke I remember going back to high school and thinking nothing today could ruin my mood I was so happy and wanted ALL day to just go home and continue in that dream of happiness and joy. I prayed for it all day but didn't happen lol.

Smile YES! Joy is an incredible word to use to describe what I felt. Timeless seems to be what I have used to describe the lack of hurry, fear, rushing, anxiety and the inclusion of clarity and smiles and humility. All things seem to have a perfect understanding in that state and therefore deserve no undue attention, or already recieve sufficient attention because of expanded capacity to do so. Perfection.....almost?

From sources I have read it seems that all things record our actions. The elments, rock, furniture, wood, trees, all record our actions, good and bad and testify of those actions continually before God. All thoughts and intents, and reasons why people do things will be revealed as well to the angels (maybe only if required not sure). Nothing will be hidden but no body will care because they will also sense that perfect love that exists among spirits. If your a good spirit at least.

Truth seems to be the only correct path for happiness. Emotions, actions, all choices must be revealed in their entirety in order to allow for exact judgement to occur. I really enjoy this.

Its more irrelevant than timeless. Probably both. Everything is in perfect faith and order so that there is no need to hurry. Though it seems in some visions Joseph Smith was in a hurry to get everything done before Christ comes again. So perhaps there is a limit to the non nonchalant way of going about things. Everything will happen according to the will of God.

It seems that if we just follow the Eternal Order of things that all will happen its Gods time. Sometimes its fast and sometimes its slow but it is always with the spirit and comfort and peace are therefore always present. Most of the time I believe that I associate rushing around with anxious feeling and scattered thought. This state doesnt have to exist if I simply give up ME and MY EGO for Christ and what is true and good. I agree, "Everything will happen according to God."

_Fortunate_
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2765 is a reply to message #2748] Mon, 30 September 2013 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops, I was doing some forum maintenance work for Elliaison, (removing spam user accounts and such), and accidentally posted my comments using the Admin account. I am reposting using my account...

Binyamin, Thank you for sharing this very powerful and personal experience(s)! I would like to answer your questions for myself.

Quote:

I have not

Quote:

Reply: Yes, I have, though not as often as you.

Seeker, I dont really know that mine are full OBE's if that is possible. I dont always recall much of what occurs in them. In fact, since this last one they have been rare. I dont understand why yet. It may be that the ones I was receiving were a gift to protect me until I grew. It may be that I now need to learn to truly develop this gift per my spirituality and the Spirit. Its is an interesting time in my life and my spiritual relationships have increased dramatically. I have changed and learned more than I ever knew possible in the last few months. I believe now that I am learning by choice and by effort the Lord is prepared to let me learn the way all men must. By faith and consistency in Him.

Quote:

Reply: It is rare. It is also quite common to forget. Because it is common to forget, it is hard to say how many have visions and OBE's and just don't remember.

This is comforting to know. I have a firm belief that the memory of the occurrences or at least that the occurrence happened is related to my spiritual state. I believe that I have some spiritual maturity to gain prior to understanding and gaining further light and knowledge.

Quote:

Reply: Not new, but I did want to tell you that in that state you can learn anything you want, visit the new Jerusalem, meet anyone you want, go anywhere you want, even to the ends of the universe, read sealed books, etc. Huge worlds open to you... I can't even begin to tell you the possibilities available to the spirit which are not available to the body. I teach people how to meditate for the purpose of obtaining information and answers. For some, it is easy and more natural than for others. I recommend that you think of a few questions or people you would like meet so that you can maximize the benefits of that time. You are also able to help others, heal people, etc.

I feel the spirit as I read this reply. The body is a huge block to the spirit. It is an incredible journey learning how to get them to work in perfect tandem order. Meditation helps me also. I dont know that what I do is truly meditation though. Possibly just the principles of it. I relax my mind and body. I try to move as little as possible and focus my mind on truths that I have found. I remind myself to rely on the Savior if I ever feel that I have not the strength to do so. I imagine the Savior coming quickly towards me as He does in most of my OBE's. This helps me to feel a different spiritual state then I would not doing these things.

Lately I have been having some rather strange OBE activity. I dont know if I am to call them OBE's or not to be honest. It occurs while I am in my office at work, DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, praying, crying, etc. In the past they have almost always come during nighttime hours. Now they seem to occur during the day. Now these seem to last for moments but I can feel the same stages prior and the same peace immediately after.

Quote:

This is a more natural state than being in the body as the body is a newer addition to us. I love spending time there. I have never had issues with devils or satan either. (Possibly because they have been cast out of my life and have no power over me.) I also trust my body. It serves me very well. We are a team. I love it and it loves me. I think that it would not allow anyone else to enter it.

When I first read your reply to this question, I immediately learned several truths. 1: The body is new and my spirit is old. I am to trust the one that has spent the most time with Christ. 2: Evil spirits having access to our bodies is directly related to our own personal spiritual state. Do we fully rely upon God? Are we without fear and full of faith? 3: I can communicate with my body and I am meant to control it. The body is simply a vessel for the Spirit, which is me. Cast evil from my life is the key to all spiritual growth that I have gained with Christ.

Quote:

Reply: In this screwed up mortal world, we judge things as evil when they are not. To the pure ALL things are pure. That will get you into trouble if you tried to tell someone who was used to judging people and things. But as far as feelings go, they are not physical, they are spiritual. You can't touch, taste, see, smell or hear feelings. We experience them with our spiritual bodies. This is one reason the spiritual can feel/be more real than the physical. The spiritual can affect the physical is tremendous ways! Our bodies react to emotions. Love is healing and hate/fear is damaging. Consider that first we have a thought or an experience, then we judge the the thought or experience, then based on our judgement, hormones are released into our bodies which affect our bodies. But the mental judgement and spiritual feeling comes first and initiates the physical reaction via the hormones.

In some cases our bodies release hormones and we feel the reaction prior to having a thought or judgement or feeling. Then we react by trying going backwards from physical reaction to feeling to judgement to thought. This is when people have irrational fears for example, or maybe when a woman has a strong hormonal change and reacts by thinking of something that normally only bugs her a little but when tagged with all the energy of the hormone swing it becomes the biggest problem in her life.

Thank you for this insightful reply. As usual, for me it bought up more thoughts and questions. The spiritual being is always meant to choose. Too often in my past I have allowed my body to choose and have followed, all the while feeling frantic and feeling wrong. Is it wrong to view the body as not me? Or at least view the spirit as the eternal me? Something seems off about that to me when I consider the mortal body. Possibly the mortal body becomes subject to eternal law when the spiritual being fully controls all choice?

Quote:

Reply: At times I have. But my preference is to remain in my body while using my spirit to find answers. It seems to me that it is easier to bring back information. It is a much slower way to learn as the spirit can gain incredible amounts of information and experience in a split second, but getting that information into the conscious mind of the body can at times be difficult. Going slower allows the body to remember more or even to record what you see/learn via mp3 recorder for example.

I am finding that slow is the best way to approach all things eternal. When I try to move faster or get excited I lose much of what I could have learned and much of what I did learn. Precept upon Precept. The Spirit is my guide. I never had thought of the body as the barrier to my learning. I always tend to judge my state of righteousness and look internally first. This brings up another option for me to better understand each of my experiences both in my body and out of it. It also may be why Joseph Smiths accounts of the First Vision developed as he did. Not suggesting that he had an OBE, only that truth only comes to out physical being as we are prepared to maintain and retain.

Quote:

I have heard many call on angels to remain as body guards. You can bless your body. I generally have spiritual shields around me, and of course casting Satan out of your life is very helpful too. I would start with requesting angels and then creating spiritual shields. Wow, where to start with spiritual shields...

I haven't read this site before, but at a glance they look like they get the idea...Spiritual Armor

I havent made time to further study Spiritual Shields but am very very interested in this for all of my daily interactions, not just in the spiritual state. I will look further into it and probably send a personal message with questions? Casting Satan from my life seems to be a daily occurrence. I don't know if this is normal or not. Or if over a long time it becomes routine and second nature. Or if Satan just gives up at some point because he knows the choices you are going to make because YOU KNOW the choices you are going to make. I assume that at some point your own spiritual strength that is of course founded upon Christ can become a defense of its own and you are no longer reliant upon others to protect you. Possibly an answer that Spiritual Shields might offer...

Quote:

Reply: I believe that it means your 3rd eye or spiritual eyes are open. You are not relying soly on your physical body and have a solid connection/access to your spiritual senses. The goal in this life is to add to our spiritual senses the senses of the body. Not to ignore the spirit for the body or even the body for the spirit. They both have tremendous value and use. The body cannot do what the spirit can do, but neither can the spirit do what the body can do.

This answers some of my thoughts from above. The Spirit and the Body are necessary for salvation. As you can tell I am just barely learning to separate my spiritual senses and my physical ones. I cant pretend to be too very far advanced in this process. I learn more each day and find invaluable tidbits from this forum. Some days I feel further aware than others.

My wife and I have discussed the 3rd eye extensively. I too feel that this is the case. Having not been fully aware of the differences in the spiritual feelings and the physical senses I am trying to fall to possibly one extreme?? I LOVE the opening of my 3rd eye and feel amazing spiritually and physically when I feel that I am relying soley upon the Spiritual. I definately need to find a different balance it sounds like. I dont want to feel that the body is evil or not going to treat me well. This would become a down fall. But currently I only trust the spiritual because it seems to help me fully control the physical. ..

Quote:

It feels timeless, and in many ways it is. Because you can learn so fast, travel so fast, etc. You can also witness events that have taken place in the past and see possible futures. So it really seems timeless. You can have hours and even days worth of experiences in minutes. I once was walking and had a vision/OBE in which I flew to the end of the universe and saw what OUR universe looked like from a distance and then flew all the way back to my body and then down into the atoms in my body and saw some of the infinitely small life forms that lived on one of the electrons and then back into myself in the period of time it took to take a single step/stride.

THIS IS SUCH AN INCREDIBLE ILLUSTRATION OF WHAT OBE"s CAN BE LIKE. Sometimes they just seem indescribable. (Though I did enjoy Jules jibing in reply Very Happy )

I have some much more I want to reply to and say but all in good time I am sure. My mind just explodes with thoughts and the spirit whenever I discuss eternal things.

Thank you for your reply and all of the things that your experiences have been able to testify to me.

_Fortunate_
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2771 is a reply to message #2765] Mon, 07 October 2013 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Binyamin wrote on Mon, 30 September 2013 16:27
I feel the spirit as I read this reply. The body is a huge block to the spirit. It is an incredible journey learning how to get them to work in perfect tandem order.

Working in tandem is the goal! Well said. The body is not so much a block as it is more obvious/noticeable. If you hurt your body, it tells you immediately and screams at you! "Ouch!" If you hurt your spirit, it kind of sulks rather than screaming about it... Not so easy to recognize. Your body is like a loud speaker and your spirit is like a text message.

Quote:
Lately I have been having some rather strange OBE activity. I dont know if I am to call them OBE's or not to be honest. It occurs while I am in my office at work, DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD, praying, crying, etc. In the past they have almost always come during nighttime hours. Now they seem to occur during the day. Now these seem to last for moments but I can feel the same stages prior and the same peace immediately after.

I would classify these in the Vision category. I recently posted a vision that I had while walking...HERE It could appear to be an out of body experience, and I was even truly unaware of my body for a brief moment. But I was not really in control of my actions, I was being shown things. OBE allow for much more freedom. You can have visions during OBEs too. I like the peace afterwards. A great way to start a day.

Quote:
When I first read your reply to this question, I immediately learned several truths. 1: The body is new and my spirit is old. I am to trust the one that has spent the most time with Christ. 2: Evil spirits having access to our bodies is directly related to our own personal spiritual state. Do we fully rely upon God? Are we without fear and full of faith? 3: I can communicate with my body and I am meant to control it. The body is simply a vessel for the Spirit, which is me. Cast evil from my life is the key to all spiritual growth that I have gained with Christ.

1. Yes, your spirit has progressed as far as a spirit can progress... (How far has the Holy Ghost Progressed?) You can trust it. You body is still deciding if it will progress, lol...

2. Yeah, I guess that is a good way to say it...I might revise this and say it is largely a simple choice. As Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said,
Quote:
What we are speaking about is so much more than merely deflecting temptations for which we somehow do not feel responsible. Remember, brothers and sisters, it is our own desires which determine the sizing and the attractiveness of various temptations. We set our thermostats as to temptations. - According to the Desire of Our Hearts

As part of that, we need to realize that sometimes we are blaming Satan when infact we are tempting ourselves and he is watching and laughing as we blame it on him. Taking responsibility for being tempted is a big part. Satan can only use what we give him. If we give him nothing, then he's got nothin. Change your thermostat a little and see how it works. You don't have to give up your favorite sins right off, but just try it next time you are tempted by something... Shut off the temptation like a switch with a simple decision. Sometimes if it is a Big temptation, I might say, "I don't really need to... It won't really benefit my life... You know, I don't want to... right now." or something similar... Let me knwo if you try any of these thoughts and how well they worked.

3. "I can communicate with my body and I am meant to control it."
Yes, you can communicate with your body. You can also communicate with your spirit. But YOU are an intelligence. You have a spirit which you have had for a LONG time. You have worked together so long that you have become ONE. Generally your intelligence and your spirit are aligned. You don't want to "control your body" or it will rebel. You want to work with your body. You are partners with it. Thank it for all it does for you. Thank it when it releases the temptation or does the right things for you.

Quote:
Thank you for this insightful reply. As usual, for me it bought up more thoughts and questions. The spiritual being is always meant to choose. Too often in my past I have allowed my body to choose and have followed, all the while feeling frantic and feeling wrong. Is it wrong to view the body as not me? Or at least view the spirit as the eternal me? Something seems off about that to me when I consider the mortal body. Possibly the mortal body becomes subject to eternal law when the spiritual being fully controls all choice?

Wrong as in a moral dilemma of Good vs evil, "No". Wrong as in the right way of thinking of it... When you die, and you see your lifeless body laying there, will you say that YOU are laying there or will you say that your body is laying there? It's like a shirt. When I am wearing a shirt, I point to my chest with my shirt on and say "I". but the shirt isn't me, and neither is my chest. I might loose a hand and say, I lost my hand, but I didn't loose "ME". It hasn't yet become "ME" or One with "ME". I started a discussion recently about what is "
ME" HERE

Quote:
My wife and I have discussed the 3rd eye extensively. I too feel that this is the case. Having not been fully aware of the differences in the spiritual feelings and the physical senses I am trying to fall to possibly one extreme?? I LOVE the opening of my 3rd eye and feel amazing spiritually and physically when I feel that I am relying soley upon the Spiritual. I definately need to find a different balance it sounds like. I dont want to feel that the body is evil or not going to treat me well. This would become a down fall. But currently I only trust the spiritual because it seems to help me fully control the physical. ..

Right, your body is NOT evil. We wanted one SO badly! It is a wonderful gift. Just don't get so used to using it that your spirit senses atrophy or visa versa. The reason we started with our spirits and got them first is because they are more difficult to sense. They are the subtle senses. The physical body is the "gross" or loud senses. If we started with the physical, we never would have heard the spiritual. Having had plenty of time to become familiar with the spiritual body we know it better then the physical and yet we still have a hard time hearing it.

Quote:
Thank you for your reply and all of the things that your experiences have been able to testify to me.

Your welcome. Remember that I and others on this forum may speak with authority and experience, but we are interpreting our experiences through our own understanding and we may 1-Be wrong, 2-miscommunicate our own thoughts and use words that don't really capture what we are trying to say, 3-not communicate in words you understand which causes you to misunderstand even though we clearly and correctly expressed ourselves.

Anyway, be sure to run everything by the spirit to clarify, approve, etc. so that you are not relying on us but on the spirit and God.

Smile
Seeker

~ Seeker
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2898 is a reply to message #2771] Wed, 19 March 2014 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Binyamin,
I know it has been a while since you posted, but I had the thought as I read this today that you really should see if you have your calling and election made sure. In some other post, Amonhi tells how to do this. Basically, 1. You believe that it is possible for you to have it. 2.You pray to see if you have it. 3. If the answer is "no", you ask what is needed for you to receive it. 4. After doing what the Spirit tells you is needful, you start back at step one.
The reason I say this is because your experiences are those of one who has their CE.
Also, I just wanted to point out that at some point in your life, Satan is cast out. In the endowment, there is a point when he is cast out of Adam's [your] life by Peter. He is gone after that. Of course, part of this is to believe and accept the fact that he is cast out.

Bishop
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #2921 is a reply to message #2898] Mon, 21 April 2014 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silvertop is currently offline  silvertop
Good afternoon Binyamin.

While reading through your original post, I couldnt help but feel that what you experienced was not an out of body experience.

To me I strongly felt that it was moreso what I refer to as an 'outer body experience', OBE's cousin, if you like.

Our vessels are wonderful things, even though corrupt at the moment. Imagine if you will your Spirit tethered to your body in a way that it doesn't actually need to leave your physical, but expands in such a way that your field of vision improves, and that sensation of soaring/speeding/travelling is only experienced. Body and Spirit dont need to disconnect or detach temporarily for the miracle to take place.

As I write this I am reminded of father Lehi in his initial vision and also Isaiah when he is cleansed. Where do those events occur literally? Geographically? It doesn't actually matter, so long as we feel the reality of them.

I am not a specialist on 'where' visions occur across time and space, to me its much more important for us to discern the source of our messages/visions. If it is heavenly we may need to see what we can do with any revelation that can assist in building up God's kingdom.

I am humbled and reminded of such things, and always refer to the mysteries locked inside the doctrine. While typing I am reminded of Joel 2:28 and 29, section 50 and of course section 131 verses 6 through to 8. Miracles such as revelation are a gift of the spirit and are granted to 'profit withal'.

God bless you in your tour of the eternities.
Re: Frequency of Visions & OBE's [message #3909 is a reply to message #2921] Mon, 22 March 2021 06:01 Go to previous message
laisabeck is currently offline  laisabeck
Guys, what are your opinion on CBD oil?
I read somewhere people who are taking CBD oil for anxiety improves a lot. But you should take on a daily routine. Cannabidiol can help with PTSD symptoms. People who having nightmares and replaying negative memories.
Previous Topic: The Possibility of Reincarnation
Next Topic: Prophecy by Joseph Smith Jr.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:01:50 MDT 2024