Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » What my dead dad told us (What my father-in-law told us about the spirit world after he died..)
What my dead dad told us [message #52] Wed, 16 June 2010 16:25 Go to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Although it isn't exactly an Angel visit, I though I would post this here. Shortly after my Father-in-law and close friend died, he visited my wife and I.

Among other things, He shared with us his surprise that he was not able to see, hear, feel or experience the physical world like he had when he had a body.

He said that he could see but not with his physical eyes, only with his spiritual eyes the same way he had seen spiritually when he was alive. (There is a difference.) He said he could hear with his spiritual ears but not his physical ears.

He explained that based on the pictures he is familiar with in church of spirit people, they look just like us and he had never considered that they couldn't see colors and light the same way we do. In life he thought that he spirit could do everything the body could do and didn't see or understand why having a physical body was so desirable. And while in the physical, he desired to be more spiritually aware constantly trying to subdue the body. But now he realized the great blessing his body was and how much he was missing because he didn't have it anymore.

It seemed he felt limited or even like he was handy capped. He explained that because he had received his calling and election made sure in life as well as other spiritual growth that he was far ahead of the game when compared with others he could see. That growth was partly what allowed him to communicate with us with required faith on his part as well as faith on our part.

~ Seeker
Re: What my dead dad told us [message #140 is a reply to message #52] Wed, 21 July 2010 05:45 Go to previous message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Fascinating discussion. I had never thought about this before, but it does make sense. Many spiritually tuned people have a very hard time communicating with the recently departed because they themselves do not know how to speak with the Spirit. I find it amazing then, to note those who have spoken to me shortly after their death. What had they learned in life which allowed them to comfort me and speak with me within days of passing?

- Dragon

- Dragon
Previous Topic: My first angel
Next Topic: Visit with my Grandmother
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:20:33 MDT 2024