Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Recognizing Christ... (Would you recognize him if your were there? How?)
Recognizing Christ... [message #2255] Fri, 01 March 2013 08:10 Go to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
When Christ came on earth as a man, some recognized him and some didn't.

Some saw him and declared that they could die happily because they have seen the Lord. Some saw him and called him a drunk.

At the end of his life, there were a number of reactions to him, including:
- Some were willing to fight and die for him
- Some cried for him as he hung on the cross
- Some drove the nails into his hands and wrists
- The majority of the people shouted, "Crucify Him"

I have wondered, "Which of these roles would I have played if I were living among the Jews during this time?" And even more importantly, "How could I be sure that I did recognize him when everyone else didn't?"

I submit that if he appeared today, as he did back then and taught today the way he taught back then, many people would not recognize him.

I encourage everyone to learn those principles, philosophies and doctrines that would ensure us that if we lived back then as a Jew that we would have been one of those that recognized him. I encourage everyone to live those principles so that we can recognize him today.

I have given a lot of though to this topic and in the process I have been taught some of the Principles of Peace which are known and understood by the people under Melchizedek and the City of Enoch and the people of Zion whenever they have been on the earth.

So I wanted to start this thread to discuss how they and we would recognize the Savior if we had lived back then...

And, if we did not recognize the Savior, "How could we ensure that we were not driving the nails or supporting his unjust crucifixion and murder?"

Confused :-\
Amonhi
Re: Recognizing Christ... [message #2279 is a reply to message #2255] Fri, 08 March 2013 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed McBain is currently offline  Ed McBain
Well let me say this, I would not only recognize him. I have seen him and touched him.
Re: Recognizing Christ... [message #2280 is a reply to message #2279] Fri, 08 March 2013 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Ed McBain wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 22:27
Well let me say this, I would not only recognize him. I have seen him and touched him.

Ed, welcome to the forum!! I would LOVE to hear more about your experience..... Smile

~Jules
Re: Recognizing Christ... [message #2282 is a reply to message #2279] Sat, 09 March 2013 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Ed McBain wrote on Fri, 08 March 2013 22:27

I have seen and touched as well. You can read my first experience HERE

I would love to hear yours.

Seeker

~ Seeker
Re: Recognizing Christ... [message #2295 is a reply to message #2255] Tue, 12 March 2013 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daryl is currently offline  Daryl
I feel compelled to share something I received late October 2012. I recorded this personal revelation I received. The following is an excerpt of that revelation:

Quote:
The sun has set once in this dispensation. The sun is rising once more. Great and marvelous are the works of the Lord on His day. The work has commenced as the Saints have been chosen as the elect followers of God. The work will progress as the heat of the day wears on.

I look...to see the day the Lord describes. I see a man preaching on an outdoor platform. His chest is puffed up as he makes proclamations. The people look on at the man in wonder and awe. He pounds his chest for effect and the people coo for more.

I see one descend in the midst of the people, observing their following. The people do not see their Savior in their midst. He walks about looking into their eyes, face to face, and yet they see him not. The Lord looks at all the people the same searching for his elect. He walks out of the back of the crowd with a few following. The Lord has identified the elect in the midst of the people. They saw his face and his eyes and followed their Master. The rest looked on unaware worshiping the puffed up preacher.

The Lord teaches the few the ways of the Lord. They learn in their hearts. And the Spirit of prophecy is received by them. And they are called upon by the Lord to warn their neighbors. Thus saith the Lord God Almighty.

Thank you for allowing me to share this personal revelation. While this was meant for me, I believe it applies to all the followers of the Lord who seek to see his face.

Ed and Seeker, thank you for your personal witness of Jesus Christ. You inspire and lift with your testimony of our Savior. Your knowledge of him is refreshing and faith-building.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 March 2013 07:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Recognizing Christ... [message #2301 is a reply to message #2295] Tue, 12 March 2013 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, Daryl, That was wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I have known of others who have seen such visions. One was shown to my wife where she was walking with the Savior in the new Church tabernacle, (before it was completed she hadn't seen it yet). Conference had just finished and she was walking and talking with Him, Christ, as people were mingling and leaving. Nobody seemed to notice or recognize him... She asked why and he told her they couldn't see him because THEY wouldn't, insinuating that it was not because he was not willing to show himself but that they were not willing to see...

~ Seeker
Re: Recognizing Christ... [message #2302 is a reply to message #2295] Tue, 12 March 2013 16:52 Go to previous message
Wow, Daryl, That was wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I have known of others who have seen such visions. One was shown to my wife where she was walking with the Savior in the new Church tabernacle, (before it was completed she hadn't seen it yet). Conference had just finished and she was walking and talking with Him, Christ, as people were mingling and leaving. Nobody seemed to notice or recognize him... She asked why and he told her they couldn't see him because THEY wouldn't, insinuating that it was not because he was not willing to show himself but that they were not willing to see...

When we saw the conference center in person shortly after it opened, it looked exactly like her vision and she and I walked the same path she and Christ did...except where they wouldn't let us go.(Closed to the public areas.)

~ Seeker
Previous Topic: Necessary for Calling & Election/ 2nd comforter?
Next Topic: Q&A about the 144,000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:03:35 MDT 2024