Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Exactly WHO are and WHAT is "The Remnant"?
Exactly WHO are and WHAT is "The Remnant"? [message #2152] Fri, 01 February 2013 08:59 Go to next message
Rinny is currently offline  Rinny
I have been hearing and reading a lot about this term lately. I have had it (sort of) explained to me, but I am am still very fuzzy about what it actually means, and how it applies to me personally. Can anyone out there offer any insights and discussion on this and maybe give me a clearer definition and/or explanation of what "The Remnant" actually is? What are scriptures that pertain to it? How does it fit into the last days and the second coming? Am I part of "The Remnant" What does that mean?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge! Rinny
Re: Exactly WHO are and WHAT is "The Remnant"? [message #2153 is a reply to message #2152] Fri, 01 February 2013 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
This won't answer your question, but hopefully it will give you something to think about. I was taught this by the spirit during a SS lesson recently.

A remnant is a left over piece of material when you are sewing an item.

Joseph's coat of many colors was almost certainly made up of remnants. Even though in todays value system, we would consider such an item of lesser quality "made from scrap material", it was something of value in that society, something that his brothers were jealous of Joseph for having.

The Lord is also creating something from the remnants of the tribes of Israel. Today's world will likely consider it of very little value, something created from the "leftovers" of humanity - the poor, the humble, the meek. But the Lord will be able to make something from those people that Babylon will covet, but be unable to obtain. (That last bit is my own thought, not part of the inspiration that I received.)

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: Exactly WHO are and WHAT is "The Remnant"? [message #2165 is a reply to message #2152] Sat, 02 February 2013 11:17 Go to previous message
marc is currently offline  marc
I wrote a blog on the subject. I hope it helps.

http://latterdaylamanite.com/2012/09/04/remnant/
Previous Topic: Looking Beyond the Mark
Next Topic: Necessary for Calling & Election/ 2nd comforter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:23:54 MDT 2024