Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Helping Others » Get Involved in a Good Cause » Don't Know If This is Farewell (End of the Trial of My Faith)
Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2135] Wed, 30 January 2013 23:04 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Tomorrow is the last day of my trial, after which I don't know what direction my life will turn. If you don't hear from me after this, its because the trial did not go well. I hope to be able to continue writing and sharing with you after tomorrow.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2136 is a reply to message #2135] Wed, 30 January 2013 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Ryan,

As I said elsewhere, my prayers will be with you and your family - regardless of the outcome.

Take care and I hope we hear from you again!

Jules

~Jules
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2137 is a reply to message #2135] Thu, 31 January 2013 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Called to Serve is currently offline  Called to Serve
I hope everything goes well. I would sure miss you if you stopped posting.

Have you posted details of this trial anywhere on the forum? I simply can't imagine what would stop you from posting except perhaps a personal decision to do so.
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2139 is a reply to message #2135] Thu, 31 January 2013 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Brother Ryan;

Love will find a way. Heavenly Father loves you . . . and He knows that you love Him. Love WILL find a way. It will be His way. I know that you will see the wisdom in it. My prayers and spiritual support are with you. I believe you and I believe in you.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2145 is a reply to message #2135] Thu, 31 January 2013 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
It looks like Ryan was convicted. Sad
I sure hope it isn't true, and hopefully his appeal goes better if it isn't.
If it is true, it wasn't the unpardonable sin, and I hope he gets things straightened out with the Lord and his wife.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2146 is a reply to message #2145] Fri, 01 February 2013 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Called to Serve is currently offline  Called to Serve
Oh, dear, that sounds serious. I hope Ryan is okay.

Denryu wrote on Thu, 31 January 2013 22:15
It looks like Ryan was convicted. Sad
I sure hope it isn't true, and hopefully his appeal goes better if it isn't.
If it is true, it wasn't the unpardonable sin, and I hope he gets things straightened out with the Lord and his wife.

Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2150 is a reply to message #2135] Fri, 01 February 2013 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
I believe that this site has been dedicated and set apart that those who are brought here are of a noble birthright. The fact that Ryan came and participated is ample evidence to me that he is an exceptional man; not guilty of the things of which he has been accused. I hope that this forum and site provided him with the strength that he needs to overcome the adversary and this trial before him. He definitely contributed; hopefully he gained, as well.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2724 is a reply to message #2135] Sun, 01 September 2013 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Vancouver lawyer Ryan D. Whitaker was sentenced Friday to more than seven years in prison for sexually molesting a 9-year-old girl in 2011 in a Sunday school class he taught at the St. Johns Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Whitaker, 59, plans to appeal his Jan. 31 conviction of two counts of first-degree child molestation.

Whether you believe in his innocence or not, I thought I should share this headline for those wondering what trials he is facing.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/apr/05/lawyer-7-years-molesting-girl-sunday-school/

- Dragon
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2728 is a reply to message #2135] Mon, 02 September 2013 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

IMHO, I think that if we discuss this any further, it will be gossip. I have spoken to Ryan's wife several times since he left the forums to attend his trial. Regardless of his guilt or innocence (which is not my place to judge), they both - as well as his family and community, are going through very heavy trials right now. It will be a learning opportunity in ALL of their journeys, and I think no matter the circumstances, we need to extend the pure love of Christ to all of those involved. Smile

~Jules
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #2730 is a reply to message #2728] Sat, 07 September 2013 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
Jules,
I did not intend the post as gossip, though I can see how it would lead to that. I will say the article left plenty of room to doubt the conviction. Unusual evidence of character from many people who stood behind him. After reading the article, I am in no way convinced he did this. I will not speculate beyond that as to what really happened.

- Dragon
Re: Don't Know If This is Farewell [message #3908 is a reply to message #2730] Mon, 22 February 2021 18:00 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Its good to be back home. I am touched by the above positive comments and well-wishes, and especially the prayers! I don't see many recent posts on the Forum - is it still being read? I have a number of special spiritual experiences to share from my 8-year prison stay, which I will post if I see anyone being 'active' here.
-Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Previous Topic: Builders of Zion
Next Topic: Get Involved in a Good Cause
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:13:16 MDT 2024