Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High (Negative Contrasts Before Positive Triumphs)
The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2026] Fri, 18 January 2013 07:18 Go to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
The stage was set for a showdown just prior to taking out my own endowments preparatory to serving the Lord on a mission. My repentance was complete and sincere. I was preparing myself in all ways to consecrate two years of my life to the Lord. It was something I dreamed of after meeting and being converted by dedicated disciples. I wanted to be one, too.

I fell fast asleep on the couch in the front room of my parent's home. I had a very troubling dream wherein I found myself bound, unable to move. In my dream, I was levitated off of the couch and went crashing through a picture window - still unawakened by the subliminal shock. I was being projected, bound, laying face up though still able to perceive my position; over adjacent fields by our home - still unawakened by the subliminal shock. In my dream, I was struggling to utter the words that my father had taught me in order to free myself from being so bound. I was unable to speak. I struggled while I was being hurled through space and around over the various fields - still unawakened by the subliminal shock. Finally in a desperate "all or nothing" attempt, I managed to barely rasp out, "In the name of . . . ." Immediately I plummeted to the lawn just outside of my parent's front door - still unawakened by the subliminal shock. I reached for the doorknob and opened it up to enter into the house. Upon turning the corner from the hall to the front room, oddly it was raining inside the house. I immediately woke up - awakened by a subliminal peculiarity and not the subliminal shock presented by the the previously dreamed events. I awoke and arose from the couch. The room was dark, but because of the skylight in the ceiling and the picture window, there was starlight enough to allow me to proceed toward my bedroom without turning on the lights. I rounded the corner and started down the hallway. I was frightened by what I had experienced in my dream. I was coming up on the intersection between the laundry area and the hallway. About three feet from the blind corner to the laundry room, I saw as it were, a darker than the twilight, torso of a man about 8 inches taller than myself reaching out from behind that corner. I could see the dark figure reaching down and around to grab me across my head and shoulder. My immediate reaction was to bring my hands up to cover my face. There was no impact or contact. I knew what I saw and then there was nothing. I was terrified. Upon reaching my bedroom, I turned on the light, dressed for bed and leaving the lights on I returned down the hall, past that laundry area to a chair outside my parents bedroom. I wanted to be near someone who could comfort and protect me. If I remember correctly, they heard me and we said a prayer together after I recounted to them the incident. It took some time before I was able to fall asleep in that chair with the lights on outside my parent's bedroom. They were there in case I needed their help. They were there to protect me when I needed assurance that I was safe. It is only through fear that power is given to such manifestations. Perfect love casteth out all fear.

This was the negative experience. There may be a future time when I feel it is appropriate to share the positive one.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2028 is a reply to message #2026] Fri, 18 January 2013 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Bruce, I've had many experiences like this - facing dark spirits and demons. I'm glad you were able to overcome this one that was likely trying to frustrate the good work you were preparing to do. I would love to hear the positive experience you had!

~Jules
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2030 is a reply to message #2026] Fri, 18 January 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Wow - what an experience! I hope you feel inclined to share your other one with us.

Your account reminds me of one I heard about a friend of mine having. He too had just gotten his mission call. He was driving on a country road in the Spokane Washington valley, going about 50 miles per hour. Suddenly he saw a demon in front of his car. He was running backwards in front of my friend's car, facing him while he ran, and was throwing evil waves of hatred and discouragement at him. My friend withstood the evil and the demon disappeared.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2840 is a reply to message #2026] Wed, 06 November 2013 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leejae is currently offline  leejae
I have had dreams like the one above regularly since I was 18 years old. They started during a time when I was in a relationship that I was determined to make celestial. I talked about C&E with my boyfriend all the time, we read scriptures together, and I was intensely focused on the idea that "this was the one." (It ended badly/strangely and I think Satan had role in wiping my efforts out for many years...long story of depression and stuff...not really the point here.)

I have been (in dreams) thrown around rooms, smashed into walls, pinned to ceilings, paralyzed with fear, unable to speak. I had a female(?) entity turn and look at me in hatred and mockery and dive at me from across a room. I would wake up in full-body, excruciating pain from the adrenalin shock, terrified and unable to move. I would say the words I had been told, in my mind or aloud, and pray for the Lord to send "a Nephite" to guard me (my invention). Over the years I began to forcibly train myself to speak words to cast them out in the dreams, despite the paralysis (it's really hard to talk in that situation! I think some of you might actually understand that). I think that I was actually forcing my body to speak aloud, because I started to wake up feeling like I had made an actual sound, which is what brought me out of the dreams. Slowly over the years I have become less afraid. But now, I generally have a moment in my dream where I check "is this a dream? I've had these dreams before..." and then "Nope. It's real this time. This is real finally." It's not, but it is still really awful. Anyway, I now feel more proactive when the stuff starts happening, like I've been trained over time what to do.

I've always wondered if they were real, or just nightmares. I mean - I have figured they must be real in SOME way, but I have a tendency to be really hard on myself, and wondered if I'm just extra scared of some things. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thanks.
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2842 is a reply to message #2840] Wed, 06 November 2013 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Leejae, you should read Conquering Spiritual Evil, by: Doug Mendenhall!

~Jules
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2843 is a reply to message #2842] Wed, 06 November 2013 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have heard of that one. I actually think my mom may have ordered that recently (far away...)! I will check it out. Thanks. Smile
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2845 is a reply to message #2843] Thu, 07 November 2013 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thebruceguy is currently offline  Thebruceguy
Hi Leejae,

I just wanted to confirm the advice given by Jules.

Conquering Spiritual Evil changed my life. Led me to new knowledge and experiences. Like many on this and other LDS forums, I am on a path of discovery, open to seek out truth whereever it may appear.

Though the dreams you are having may appear hard to endure, you may have been greatly blessed by them for they are pushing you to explore and seek out further light and knowledge. When you read Doug's book, you will know how to remove these spirits from your life. Contact Doug directly after you have read the book and he will help you understand things more clearly if you continue to have challenges. He's a lovely man to know.

have a blessed day
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2846 is a reply to message #2845] Thu, 07 November 2013 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. Smile
Re: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High [message #2849 is a reply to message #2026] Sat, 09 November 2013 05:43 Go to previous message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Just before my father passed away He gave me a promise and assurance that he would prevent the adversary from appearing to me. Thus far, with gratitude, I can state that he has kept his word. Because my mother committed suicide when I was 4 1/2 years old, (I was the first to find her,) and my father, (who was a medical doctor,) didn't remarry until about 10 years later, my two sisters and I were raised primarily by housekeepers. My father remarried an LDS woman who had three children, as well. It was at this time that my father, one sister, and I were taught and baptized members of the Church and quasi-learned what nurturing from a mother meant. I have realized that I lacked a great deal of nurturing which has caused me to be insecure and given me the wrong perception about what love is and what being a husband and father entails. Blessed be my dear wife, an elect lady, who has suffered with me while I have "grown up" - I have committed a great many mistakes - she, though, has unconditional love for me. From her, I have gained "wings." I feel sometimes that she is the one thing that I got right. I married "up."

The reason that I divulge this information is so that it can be made apparent why my father would make such a promise. He knew that I had had a very hard life when I was growing up. He always wanted to protect me . . . I guess this was because he was gone so much taking care of others. I tend to be very sensitive to things and probably care too much about what other people think. Regardless, I am blessed beyond measure. Some very choice souls have taken me under their wings . . . for some, I have been their biggest trial. I, too, have read Doug Mendenhall's book on Conquering Spiritual Evil and have requested Heavenly Father to place a perpetual sphere about me, our home and family that will be restored after every undesired "mortal" intrusion bringing the "negativity" in. It has taken me quite a while to learn what it means to love and how to nurture others. I am grateful for my life . . . but I wouldn't want to repeat it. I really don't want to be recycled. (Alma 37:11) I have become very empathetic and can't handle people being hurt. For this reason I couldn't become a doctor like my father. I care and I don't like to see people get hurt or hurting. I can testify that Love will always find a way. I have been a receiver and giver. I have learned how to love because people and God have shown me what it is and loved me first. It is a wonderful feeling to know what God thinks of me . . . sometimes I don't feel worthy to have so much revealed to me. I wonder sometimes if I reveal too much. Hopefully I do it in the correct forums???

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Previous Topic: Demons Attempting To Thwart Righteousness
Next Topic: Possession, 2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:18:56 MDT 2024