Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Demons » Possession, 2
Possession, 2 [message #2005] Wed, 16 January 2013 16:36 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
My oldest son married a woman who had severe mental illness issues, diagnosed and prescribed psychotropic meds for it. She led our son down some very weird and scary paths of supposed emotional wellness techniques that ended up messing up his mind pretty severely. Long (LONG) story short, she got him to disown his entire family - because no one was as celestial as they were and they refused to associate with anyone who was not going to the highest heaven where they were going. She also disowned all of the members of her family, and pretty much isolated themselves from members of their ward. When her mental illness became too much for him to handle, they ended up divorcing.

In retrospect, and after learning so many things here and in the books I have been reading, I have no doubt she was possessed by evil spirits in a very bad way. What's more, she introduced our son to so many bad things that he is now possessed also. Since his divorce he has completely left the church and is following a lot of destructive, vile and evil living patterns. We have reestablished some levels of communication with him, but he practically seethes with animosity and ridicule for "that" church as he puts it. We end up having to keep our contacts very light and surfacy, and hope we can slowly build back what was lost.

I wonder -- considering the Lord won't help us do anything to violate someone else' free agency, can or should we try to cast out evil spirits from long distance without the person's consent or knowledge?

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Possession, 2 [message #2032 is a reply to message #2005] Fri, 18 January 2013 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

rdwhitaker wrote on Wed, 16 January 2013 16:36
I wonder -- considering the Lord won't help us do anything to violate someone else' free agency, can or should we try to cast out evil spirits from long distance without the person's consent or knowledge?

I've had this same wish/wonder concerning my ex husband and his wife Sad

I'm certain you are talking about the Mendenhall book - I'm reading that one right now too, and LOVE it!

~Jules
Re: Possession, 2 [message #2035 is a reply to message #2005] Sat, 19 January 2013 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Yep - just finished it!

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Possession, 2 [message #2565 is a reply to message #2005] Tue, 11 June 2013 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kaai is currently offline  Kaai
rdwhitaker wrote on Wed, 16 January 2013 13:36
My oldest son married a woman who had severe mental illness issues, diagnosed and prescribed psychotropic meds for it. She led our son down some very weird and scary paths of supposed emotional wellness techniques that ended up messing up his mind pretty severely. Long (LONG) story short, she got him to disown his entire family - because no one was as celestial as they were and they refused to associate with anyone who was not going to the highest heaven where they were going. She also disowned all of the members of her family, and pretty much isolated themselves from members of their ward. When her mental illness became too much for him to handle, they ended up divorcing.

In retrospect, and after learning so many things here and in the books I have been reading, I have no doubt she was possessed by evil spirits in a very bad way. What's more, she introduced our son to so many bad things that he is now possessed also. Since his divorce he has completely left the church and is following a lot of destructive, vile and evil living patterns. We have reestablished some levels of communication with him, but he practically seethes with animosity and ridicule for "that" church as he puts it. We end up having to keep our contacts very light and surfacy, and hope we can slowly build back what was lost.

Ryan

Ryan,

Spencer said something very interesting during the unblog reunion that has stayed with me. Referencing a question about how to deal with wayward loved ones who have animosity towards the church, he said to remember that your faith is big enough for you and the wayward person and that you will remain open to any impressions to act on behalf of that loved one who has gone astray. To me he was saying that we can utilize our agency righteously to influence the lives of our loved ones and qualify for specific blessings through our faith filled living. They still have their agency, but like the stripling warriors mothers, if you do not doubt, your righteous acts will ultimately bless his life. If you are impressed to cast out spirits, then do so, the only person attempting to stop you will be those who want to maintain control over your sons soul. The Lord knows your heart and will bless the intents of your heart on behalf of your son.

"And seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life."
D&C 101:38
Re: Possession, 2 [message #2920 is a reply to message #2565] Mon, 21 April 2014 21:25 Go to previous message
silvertop is currently offline  silvertop
If it worked for Alma the elder seeking an intervention for his son, and if it's allowed then sure why not try? Mind you, free agency is a powerful thing and even if you were able to gain remote access to whoever you're seeking to help, their decisions in life might just bring all of the undesirables' right back into the picture.
Previous Topic: The Valleys are as Low as the Mountains are High
Next Topic: As a Child
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:09:26 MDT 2024