Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » The Presence (Touched by the Divine)
The Presence [message #1981] Tue, 15 January 2013 16:16 Go to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
The last day at the Salt Lake City Mission Home on North Temple where all the missionaries would come to begin their missions, we had a huge testimony meeting. There were five of us who were seated toward the back of the room near the door that was back and to our right. While one older, male missionary was bearing his testimony of the Savior, his countenance changed; becoming enlightened and angelic like. Looking to the back of the room toward the door, he exclaimed, "I have just seen a vision." Immediately I felt the touch of an unseen visitor on my shoulder that filled my being from head to toe; causing me to reverberate with warmth, peace, love, and wonder. It lasted for a brief moment and then was gone. Elder Anderson, to my right, spoke, "Did you feel that??!!" It was then that I knew that we had all felt the exact same thing. I have pondered many times upon that experience. I know that a vision was seen by that missionary who bore his testimony. Through intuition, I know of what and by whom. The Presence was Divine and I look forward to the day when I can receive that visual witness that was had by that missionary.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: The Presence [message #2561 is a reply to message #1981] Mon, 10 June 2013 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheol27 is currently offline  Sheol27
This is actually one of my favorite posts that I have read. Thanks for sharing! I was curious though. You and others felt a touch. Was everyone touched at the same time? Or was it one after another?
Re: The Presence [message #2562 is a reply to message #2561] Tue, 11 June 2013 02:43 Go to previous message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Sheol,

It would have been difficult to ascertain if we were all touched at the same time. I can only witness that we all experienced a similar phenomena, as we shared it with one another after the incident. We were all seated together and the experience was shared immediately after the testimony concluded.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Previous Topic: Angels Constantly Around Us
Next Topic: The Committee
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:28:41 MDT 2024