Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Dreams and Visions » God gives to know when there is a need to know. (A Time and A Season for Divine Intervention)
God gives to know when there is a need to know. [message #1952] Sun, 13 January 2013 19:56
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
When I began my mission, it was customary for the missionaries to meet at the Mission Home on North Temple Street that is now occupied by the Conference Center. It was across the street from the Temple. In those days, there was a time when we would go to the Temple and meet in a Solemn Assembly, after going through a session. It was during this time, seated in the assembly hall of priesthood on the upper floor of the Salt Lake Temple, that a "wet behind the ears" missionary; wondering what was going to happen next arose to my feet with his fellow missionaries dressed in temple clothing. Off to my left, it appeared that the room "lit up" as I beheld several men . . . and a man in particular, enter from the back of the room. I recognized him as Harold B. Lee. I'd seen his picture before and knew him to be the prophet of the Lord. When he entered that room; with the brightness of his entry and his countenance, it was affirmed and made evident that he was a prophet of God. My heart soared to realize that he would be addressing us. It truly was a "solemn assembly" before what I then knew was a prophet of God. He spoke and addressed many of my fellow servant's questions. (I was too shy and awed to ask or bring attention to myself.) It was early in December of 1973. I knew that I could, then, testify that this man was a prophet of God, as our discussions would request that we do when teaching "Mr. Brown."

A short time later, my companion and I would find ourselves at Knight Mangum Hall; the Language Training Mission for the Church on the Provo campus of Brigham Young University, in preparation for learning Spanish . . . our newly designated mission vernacular. We would learn of the passing of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . . . the man, the prophet of God that I had just barely come to the realization via manifestation was God's designated mouthpiece and for whom I was being sent on my mission. I realized that I could no longer testify that we had a living prophet . . . I didn't know if I could testify so strongly for whoever would take his place. The Senior Apostle of the Quorum of the Twelve would, as custom, take his place. I had never set eyes upon him. His name was Spencer W. Kimball. I was in crisis. I could no longer "testify" that we had a prophet at the temporal head of the Savior's Church here on the earth. I went to my Heavenly Father in earnest prayer that I might know; that I might be able to testify that this man, Spencer W. Kimball was a prophet. I wanted to tell the truth in testimony and had received no witness.

It was during the night that I had a dream. I was back in the temple with my temple clothing on. I was standing with my fellow servants in the Solemn Assembly Hall when, off to my left the room "lit up" and a man accompanied by several others entered. I remembered the former scene and had great expectations. This time, President and Prophet Spencer W. Kimball entered the room. My heart soared. I saw, I felt, I knew that he was a prophet of God. I no longer needed to doubt if I could bear testimony as to who he was.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Previous Topic: Clean House?
Next Topic: An interview
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:59:06 MDT 2024