Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Communing with Loved Ones Beyond the Grave » My Children helped convince me they needed to come sooner :)
My Children helped convince me they needed to come sooner :) [message #1854] Fri, 04 January 2013 17:54 Go to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I am going to relate a few experiences which are all related to my children. I received my Patriarchal Blessing about a month after I was baptized. The experience is still to this day one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had. During the blessing when the Patriarch was speaking of my husband and posterity I saw in my mind a picture of them. It was a scene of sorts. We were all in a kitchen sitting around a table and my husband was tall and handsome and wearing a dark suit. I knew that he was a Priesthood holder and that he loved me very deeply. I felt as if I could already feel my love for them and theirs for me.

My husband turned out to be just what I had seen. While my husband and I were newly dating I was walking through a store doing some shopping with my future sister-in-law and her kids. She and I were very close friends and she is the one who introduced us and convinced me that we would be perfect for each other. While we were shopping suddenly I felt the presence of the spirits of my future children. It was a strange feeling. I am not sure how many there were. It seemed very out of the blue to me though. And when it happened I got this impression that I would be having children much sooner than I had originally anticipated. I remember telling my sister in law this and really feeling the spirit. She laughed and said she didn't doubt it because she suspected her brother and I would get married and have children not too far off in the future. We just laughed about it.

Only about 3 months after that experience He proposed and 3 months after that we were married. Not long after we were married I started to keep getting these impressions of children waiting to be born. We had intended to wait about two years when he was supposed to be done with school before we would try to start a family. But I kept getting these impressions until one day when I was in our apartment alone I said, "ok" and I knelt down immediately and said a prayer. I asked Heavenly Father if these feelings I had been getting were real and if He was trying to tell me that we should not wait. No sooner than I began the prayer I began to feel the spirit and when I finished my inquiry I was overwhelmed by the spirit. The answer came so immediately and so powerful I could not deny it. I thanked Heavenly Father for His guidance and answer. I asked that my husband would be able to receive a witness of this too so that we could be on the same page.

After my husband got home I told him that I had said a prayer about having children and not waiting. I didn't tell him the whole experience or what my answer was. I told him that he should go and pray about it too and get an answer. He did and to his amazement he had a very similar experience to mine and knew Heavenly Father was saying we should not wait. We had no idea how we would afford it or how anything was going to work out. It took a lot of Faith to follow through with it but we did. We were pregnant pretty much immediately. We were surprised it didn't take very long. We knew of some couples who waited years before they finally got pregnant. Then the unexpected happened. At about 6 weeks I miscarried. I was so distraught and heartbroken over it and I didn't understand it. I didn't even want to start a family quite so soon and Heavenly Father put it in my heart to do so. So I felt betrayed by the miscarriage and I was hurt and lost. I even questioned at times and wondered if I was just crazy but when I would do that my husband would say "Well, we both can't be crazy.I received the same answer you did and I never get answers that quickly or that clear." Then I would be reassured again that the promptings were real. An interesting thing about it is during the experience I had asked for a Preisthood blessing. During the blessing I was told that this little spirit would come back and I would have the opportunity to raise this spirit. For a couple months after that I didn't even want to think about being pregnant again though. I was afraid it would happen again and I didn't want to go through it once more. Finally, about three months later my heart began to warm up to the idea again. Apparently my husband was feeling the same thing. As soon as we both had this unspoken decision made we were pregnant again. This time I carried to full term but it wasn't without complications. He was born a beautiful and healthy baby boy and He has been such a blessing in our lives. He has also come with his own challenges and I have been told on more than one occasion that Heavenly Father placed him with us because we had been blessed with gifts that would be able to help him develop and grow.

I have often wondered why I miscarried to begin with. I have wondered if maybe he got cold feet so to speak. Smile Since then we have had two more children and I dreamt of both of them before they were born. I was told what to name my second little boy. I dremt of our new little girl over a year before she was born. I feel I have been blessed in different ways to have been able to experience these things and it has increased my faith about the reality that these relationships don't start or end with mortality. It has also proven to me that Heavenly Father is very involved in the circumstances of our lives. It brings me great joy to know these things.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 January 2013 17:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: My Children helped convince me they needed to come sooner :) [message #1974 is a reply to message #1854] Tue, 15 January 2013 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
I just love your reply, Ashley!

My daughter in law had pretty much picked out a name for her daughter before she was born. Then one night she dreamed her daughter came to visit her, and she said to her mother, "My name is Iliandra." So my son and his wife changed their minds and named their new baby Iliandra!

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: My Children helped convince me they needed to come sooner :) [message #2831 is a reply to message #1854] Tue, 29 October 2013 12:21 Go to previous message
Frances is currently offline  Frances
When I was first married my husband wanted to have children right away. I was in no hurry because I came from a family of 11 and I was the second born and the oldest girl. I wanted to enjoy being with him. I never really had boyfriends and wanted to catch up on that dating time. Well, I was watching conference and the spirit prompted me to have children. I was still a little stubborn and didn't take that as to have them now. So, while talking to a friend who had 9 of her own children, she was very blunt with me and said have them now. I guess I really needed to be told straight out. A few weeks later I was expecting but had a miscarriage. I wasn't too worried we just tried again and two months later I was expecting. We have since had five children and my husband felt that we were done. I was fine with the idea until I kept getting a nagging feeling that there was another. Yes, nagging. I told that bold spirit to bug their father... and bug they did. He couldn't get it out of his mind. I also had a dream that my father introduced me to a beautiful girl who was dressed in white with brown wavy hair. I thought my father hooked up with someone and I asked him her name. It was Victoria. I called my mom who has remarried ,since my father died,a member in the temple. My father died a non member and she didn't choose to be sealed to him. Anyways I told my mom that my dad found someone. I didn't think that that happened in the spirit world. Well, my husband helped me with the interpretation of the dream and said that was the spirit that needs to come to our home. And well we gave birth to a baby girl with brown wavy hair. She is beautiful. I am now expecting my 7th.
Previous Topic: Daughter Returns to Comfort Mother
Next Topic: Visits from John
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:23 MDT 2024