Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Helping Others » Get Involved in a Good Cause » Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting
Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1821] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:32 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
My wife always chokes up during the part of the song "I Believe in Christ" where it says "Ye shall obtain." She says every time we sing that, the Spirit tells her that she "shall obtain." I suggested to her that is an indication that her calling and election has been made sure. She is waiting for something else more spectacular than that. I'm not sure what to think. I am also praying and working towards having my own experience.

We have been drawn towards this topic ever since we heard Denver Snuffer speak at a meeting. Since then we have purchased and read a number of books that fueled our interest even more. Then we started praying that we could be prepared and guided to have our own experience with Christ.

In November, 2011, our world fell in on us. I was accused of some heinous crimes and was immediately ostracized from all church contact and activity. My Stake President and Bishop turned on me, choosing to believe the accuser without even caring that I am innocent. My Stake President told me I should not fight the charges, that he expected me to "be a man" and just go quietly to prison and spare the church the publicity of a trial. I told him I could not lie about this and throw my life away, and so I would have my day in court. He told me he did not want me to set foot in any LDS church and he suspended all of my church service, including home teaching. One of the families I home taught later said they missed me, because I was the only one who has ever visited them every month. My wife has continued to serve as a temple worker without me. I am sick at heart, with my trial approaching the end of this month, January, and my not knowing if the untruths behind the accusations will be made to sound so convincing by overzealous police and prosecutors, despite the impossibility of the claims, that the judge might not believe I am innocent and send me to prison for twenty years. I am 60 years old. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis and cannot work. We don't know what will happen to either of us. I have prayed and plead with Heavenly Father to remove this ordeal but it is still going forward. We truly are at the point where we can only leave it up to the Lord and trust He can get us through this.

Meanwhile, our family and friends are keeping us and our problems in their purpose and prayers this Fast Sunday. I invite others to join in who feel inclined to also do so this Sunday, with our appreciation.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1824 is a reply to message #1821] Wed, 02 January 2013 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
I will pray and fast for you. It seems to me that sometimes those who receive great blessings are also dragged through great trials. I too have received unjust persecution, but nowhere near to the level at which you are describing. You and your wife both will be in our prayers.
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1825 is a reply to message #1824] Wed, 02 January 2013 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I am awfully sorry to hear about this. How terrible of a trial to go through. How terrible indeed. I will be praying and fasting for you and your family.
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1826 is a reply to message #1825] Wed, 02 January 2013 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Ryan,

Though I don't know you, I know you. You are a man of integrity and truth. The spirit has born witness that you are who you say you are. God will bless you in that which you seek, spiritually as well as temporally. He is GOOD and you are, as well. You will be joined in your fasting and prayers.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1827 is a reply to message #1826] Wed, 02 January 2013 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denryu is currently offline  Denryu
Ryan,

I also do not know you. I will pray for you that the truth of the matter comes out. I don't believe or disbelieve you, I have never particularly felt the spirit in your posts - that is not an accusation, simply the truth.

So I will pray that the truth in your case prevails - if you are innocent then that will be a prayer in your behalf, and if not it will be a prayer for your repentance.

Libertas optimas rarem, nunquam servili sub nexu.
"There is no gift like Liberty, therefore never live under slavery."
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1828 is a reply to message #1827] Thu, 03 January 2013 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
I wish our law was just, but I know it all too well. The best I can offer is get a good lawyer and my prayers are with you and your family.

Please keep us up dated on the progress.

I am moving this topic to the "Helping Others" section of the forum where it seems to fit better.

Amonhi

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2013 04:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1833 is a reply to message #1828] Thu, 03 January 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

Ryan, I will be praying for the truth to prevail, and the Spirit to comfort and guide you and your family as you all go through this trial!

~Jules
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1869 is a reply to message #1821] Sun, 06 January 2013 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SingleToHisGlory is currently offline  SingleToHisGlory
Ryan, I'm very sorry about your trials. I've been praying for you as well.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 January 2013 16:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #1945 is a reply to message #1821] Sun, 13 January 2013 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
These past few days I have enjoyed a tremendous relief from the weight of this burden. I have been working on having the attitude that I lay all of my problems and worries at the feet of Christ, and let Him bear them. I have felt the warmth and assurance of His spirit with me. I am at the point now that whatever happens, it is in the Lord's hands, and He knows what is best. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding" is taking on additional depth and meaning for me. Thank you for all of your charitable concern and prayers.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Wondering, Suffering, Pleading, Praying, Waiting [message #2339 is a reply to message #1945] Sun, 24 March 2013 08:42 Go to previous message
Earthchild is currently offline  Earthchild
This is really sad. Our justice system, and apparently some of the LDS wards & stakes, can be a real trial to people. Just yesterday, the news talked of a man who had spent over 20 years in prison before a new judge released him because the prosecutors tried too hard to convict him, [or something like that, I did not pay much attention, only to the part that when he got out and back to his loving family, he had a massive heart attack and wound up in the hospital.] Remember! We signed up for our trials and tribulations in the pre-existance and the Lord sent us here to determine our responses, amongst other reasons. I hope this man and his wife stay close to the Lord for whatever time they have left on this earth.
Previous Topic: Prayer and Fasting Campaign
Next Topic: Help Someone in Need
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:59:14 MDT 2024