Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » Miraculous Avoidance of a Crash
Miraculous Avoidance of a Crash [message #1817] Wed, 02 January 2013 15:27 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
I used to work with a man who was a pilot during the Viet Nam war. He flew a jet that was manned by two people, the pilot and the bombadier.

They received a call that some US servicemen were stranded on the top of a hill and there were enemy soldiers approaching them from all sides of the hill. My friend was given the assignment to clear a path for our soldiers to evacuate from the hill.

As he flew towards the hill, his bombadier told him it would be best if they dropped their ordinance on the downward slope after they flew over the top of the hill. This way none of the ordinance would bounce up and hit our own soldiers. So my friend flew the jet low and close to the hill and then dove to fly the jet parallel with the downward slope. The bombadier released the ordinance from near the top all the way down to the base of the hill, creating a clear path for our soldiers to escape.

What they forgot to account for was the fact that there was a forest at the base of the hill. When they finished their bombing run, my friend realized they were headed straight at tree trunks. He started pulling up as hard as he could, but they were flying too fast and the jet could not rise fast enough to avoid collision. He held on bracing for impact and closed his eyes just as he saw tree trunks rushing towards him.

A couple of second later, he opened his eyes when he realized they didn't hit anything. They were flying in the clear, above the trees. He thought he must have pulled up just enough to clear the tops of the trees.

After they returned to base, my friend was called in to the commander's office. The commander shut the door and told him he had something to show him. The jet was equipped with cameras on the front and on the rear. These were used to evaluate bombing runs to improve performance. The commander ran a copy of the tapes from their bombing run earlier in the day for my friend to see. First was the film from the front camera. He saw how the jet swooped over the top of the hill and then was guided all the way along the downward slope to the base. He watched as the jet was being pulled up into a steep climb. He watched as the jet headed straight for tree trunks. Then he was amazed to see the trees part in a wide "V" just before the jet should have made impact. The jet's wings barely cleared the trees where they had been parted. Then the commander showed him the film from the rear of the jet. Just after the jet passed through the "V" that had formed in the trees, the rear camera showed the trees snap back into place again.

The commander stared at my friend for a moment and then asked him in a frustrated voice, "I don't know what happened there and I don't know HOW I'm going to explain it to my superiors! Can YOU explain it?" My friend said he could not. So his commander told him, "Well, I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I can't explain it and you can't explain it, so I am going to destroy that film and say the cameras malfunctioned. I suggest you not talk to others about this!"

That was an experience where my friend was convinced his life was spared by angelic intervention.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 January 2013 15:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Miraculous Avoidance of a Crash [message #1946 is a reply to message #1817] Sun, 13 January 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Ryan, I hope you don't mind that I take the opportunity to post here about two miraculous interventions that I experienced prior to my mission . . . evidencing that I was suppose to go.

My mother informed me that I was one who would pray and ask Heavenly Father to protect me and then go out and dare Him to do it. Please do NOT follow my example! (My Mission President assured me that I shouldn't feel like I was good for nothing . . . that I could always be used as a bad example.) Anyway, after having an ear surgery check-up in Reno, Nevada, my mom and I were traveling back to our hometown in the northeastern corner of California. We were traveling near Pyramid Lake toward Gerlach, Nevada. As was my nature, I was driving our station wagon at dusk at 110 mile per hour trying to reduce the travel time home, (my mom was asleep in the front bench seat beside me, not knowing that I was taking advantage of the situation.) As dusk turned into twilight and as the white lines of the highway were whizzing by, I caught the glimpse of sets of shiny eyeballs and the outline of several black angus cattle crossing the road about 60 feet in front of me. My immediate reaction was to slam on the brakes and brace myself for impact. As the tires locked up, things from the back of the vehicle and my mom started moving forward. I skidded to a stop as they pummeled the dash and the back of the front seat. To my amazement, (and more immediate to my mom's,) there was no collision to the front-end of the car. I immediately exited the door of the wagon, nauseated at the smell of the burnt rubber; looking to see where the herd had gone and how I missed them. I was weak in the knees upon realizing that the car had passed between them and they had exited the roadway. I had some real explaining to do to my mom and some heartfelt gratitude to give to Heavenly Father for saving our lives. We arrived home safely and late.

Because we lived in the country, as common, we needed to procure firewood for our fireplace stoves when I was 19 years old. Again, my poor mother was a passenger with me in my short-bed, GMC pickup as we made our way up a snow-covered, logging-truck traveled, slick dirt road. We were preceded by an older family friend in his small Datsun pickup. As we were traveling up the 25 degree grade with the mountain side to my right and about a 70 degree, steep slope-off on my left. The slope-off was uncluttered with trees in a clearing about 100 yards long and it appeared to have an unobstructed steady drop-down for about 100 yards. The only vegetation growing in this downside area were small bushes and shrubbery about a foot and a half tall, with an occasional sage brush. (The scenery is set, now for the incident . . . .) As I was driving, the rear wheels lost traction. I was able to stop the pickup on the icey road near the top of the clearing. Seeing that the smaller and lighter Datsun pickup was able to negotiate the incline readily, I ventured to move forward, releasing the clutch slowly. The back tire lost traction again, only this time the pickup started sliding backwards down the road. My brakes were useless and the vehicle started moving faster and faster. It was terrifying because I couldn't brake; I didn't dare relieve the clutch; it was gone. All I could do was try to steer backwards and pray. Finally, I lost steering and the vehicle careened over the 75 degree slope-off. (I knew ahead of time that if we went off parallel to the roadway, the pickup would roll all the way down to the bottom of the 100 yard clearing.) I shut my eyes and said to myself, this is it! Immediately the pickup slammed to a stop off of the road. My mom and I looked at each other puzzled after seeing our lives pass before our eyes. We were off the road, but the truck was facing uphill, perpendicular to the road; stopped. But how?? With some effort, I opened up my door. Barely able to stand on the steep mountain side, I realized what miraculous event occurred. Unknown and unseen by me, hidden in the clearing's growth was a huge rock, now visible underneath my pickup. Upon moving down the mountain toward the back of my pickup, I saw the thing that stopped us. It was a covered up tree trunk. My pickup's back, driver side tire had hit the boulder, causing the whole thing to flip from its parallel path to a perpendicular one, aligning it with the tree trunk that would act as our barrier from rolling backwards down that mountainside. Upon closer inspection, this was the only boulder and tree trunk that I could find in that whole clearing described to you earlier. The pickup was so lodged in this predicament that when I came with the tow truck to pull it out; having to take the cable around a 14 inch tree on the upside of the mountain and hooking it to the front-end frame of the pickup . . . the tow truck pulled that tree down without budging the pickup. It was only by pulling the boulder out from under it that we could again bring it up onto the roadway. God DOES answer prayers and young men are suppose to go on missions.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery

[Updated on: Sun, 13 January 2013 08:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Miraculous Avoidance of a Crash [message #1983 is a reply to message #1817] Tue, 15 January 2013 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow - powerful experiences!

I've had a couple of experiences a little bit like that. When I was a teen we lived on a farm. Our property ran parallel to some train tracks. To get to school, I drove to the end of our lane onto a road, turned, then immediately crossed over the tracks to continue on my way. I crossed them every day a couple of times, sometimes more. One day I was coming home from school in the afternoon. I approached the tracks like I had hundreds of times before. I slowed a little bit, looked left - clear, looked right - clear, kept on going, and looked left one more time. I don't know how I missed it the first time I looked, but this time I saw a train barreling towards me at full speed (about 60). I slammed on my brakes and started skidding towards it. Nothing more I could do but wait and see if I stopped in time. My car skidded to a stop literally within inches of the train cars that were whisking past me. The suction from the spaces between the train cars was rocking my car back and forth. It was funny - once I hit the brakes, I had done all I could do, and so I just watched to see how it turned out. I was calm. I didn't see my life flash before me or anything. Just watched. Once I realized I was okay, and how close I came, then the closeness of this near-hit got to me and I started shaking and had a bit of a melt down.

Another time was around the same age. Once again I was driving home from school. I went along a road that was parallel to the railroad tracks. It went for about 1/4 a mile and had a small bend in it before it ended at a "T" where I would turn right to cross the tracks. It was extremely foggy and was already dark. I thought I knew the road so well, there was no need to go slow. I could just wait until I came to the small bend and then start slowing down. So I was sailing along about 50 mph waiting to come to the bend. All at once I saw a farmer's house go whizzing past me on the left, and his barn on my right. By the time I stopped my car, I had driven clear through his yard and out the other side into his field. I was soooooo fortunate I did not run smack into his house, because it lay directly ahead of the road. Someone must have guided me a little to the right so I ended up missing all the buildings. I thought - what if one of them had been in their yard? The thought really shook me up.

Ryan

Re: Miraculous Avoidance of a Crash [message #1984 is a reply to message #1817] Tue, 15 January 2013 19:04 Go to previous message
I thought of this experience the other day but wasn't sure where to post it. Here seems as good a place as any.

When I was in high school I had a girl friend who attended a different school. She was in her school choir and they were on some kind of field trip to Montana. They were to be gone for 3 or 4 days. On the first day they were gone I got a very powerful impression that something was wrong with her, and I felt very strongly that I needed to fast and pray for her with all my might. So that day I skipped all my meals and prayed and prayed without knowing why. I kept at it all day long.

The next day I felt that things were fine and so I put it out of my mind.

When she returned I told her about my experience on the first day of her trip. Her eyes got big and she couldn't believe what I told her. She then related how she had been sleeping on the bus while they were traveling towards Montana when she got a very bad feeling. She woke up and saw a dark spirit up at the front of the bus staring at her. He had red eyes and looked very menacing. She tried to ignore him, but every time she opened her eyes, he had moved a few rows closer to her. Finally he was in the seat in front of her and kept talking to her, telling her what evil things she should do, who among the students on the bus wanted her, and so on. She read her scriptures, prayed and sang Primary songs, which seemed to help reduce his influence. She also knew by the Spirit that I was in the process of fasting and praying for her safety. Knowing this gave her strength to keep resisting and it helped to make the pressure from the dark spirit less heavy. Her experiences with the dark spirit lasted throughout her first day of the field trip. She was not bothered by him any more after that for the rest of her trip.

Ryan

Previous Topic: I Saw My Grandmother Pass from This Life
Next Topic: The Gift of a Seer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:35:11 MDT 2024