Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » My First Testimony
My First Testimony [message #1788] Sun, 30 December 2012 14:31 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
When I was very young, maybe 9 years old, I had been taught to kneel and say my prayers before going to bed. One night I said my usual prayer and crawled into bed. The feeling came to me that I had not really prayed with much intent, so I crawled out of bed, knelt down again, and this time I prayed earnestly for and about everything I could think of that meant anything to me. After exhausting all the thoughts I could come up with, I got back in bed. However, a lingering 'something' make me think there was still more to pray about. I didn't know what, my list was covered, but I knelt down a third time to pray. This time, I didn't know what to say, so I opened my mind to new possibilities. A flood of new thoughts came to me, and what I was to pray for was given to me. It was a very touching experience for me. For the first time I had a deep feeling that God was real. He taught me what to say. Someone else helped me with that third prayer. Those ideas were not my own. I also felt His love for me; I felt His personal attention given just to me; I mattered to God. A foundation for my testimony had been created.

Ryan

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: My First Testimony [message #1795 is a reply to message #1788] Sun, 30 December 2012 22:51 Go to previous message
Daryl is currently offline  Daryl
Thank you for your testimony of your third attempt. I can echo your testimony of the third time. It seems that every time I push for the third experience with the Lord, that is when things begin to happen. You experience while very sacred and extremely important is indeed a powerful testimony to the rest of us. Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!!
Previous Topic: How I came into the LDS church
Next Topic: My Testimony of the Book of Mormon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:55:32 MDT 2024