Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » LDS Deep Doctrine » Are Lucifer and Satan separate beings?
Are Lucifer and Satan separate beings? [message #1768] Sat, 29 December 2012 18:06 Go to next message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
I think the question above speaks for itself. I unfortunately don't really have much to contribute to start off the discussion but I would be very appreciative of any others sharing who may have knowledge about this subject.
Re: Are Lucifer and Satan separate beings? [message #1775 is a reply to message #1768] Sat, 29 December 2012 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bishop is currently offline  bishop
Okay, I'll give my opinion, based on what the LDS Church has taught me. "Lucifer" is based on the word which means something to the effect of "being of light." In Wikipedia it says it means "shinning one, morning star." Hence he is called a son of the morning. "Satan" is Hebrew for "to obstruct or oppose" [Wikipedia].
I do not have any problem in accepting the teaching that they are one and the same. I truly try to avoid contemplating this being too much, as I find that when conversing about him or his minions, we invite him into our lives; much as we invite God into our lives when we converse about Him ;-D I hope you find this helpful.

Bishop
Re: Are Lucifer and Satan separate beings? [message #1782 is a reply to message #1775] Sun, 30 December 2012 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
To echo and amplify what bishop said, Lucifer is his name. Satan is his title. In the same and opposite way that Jehovah is His name and Messiah is His title. Many of those who fell from their first estate may obtain the title of satan with a small 's'. Then again, maybe not. I can't be sure, but I believe it possible. Lucifer is the ubersatan, thus deserving of a capital S which many deny him in writing.

- Dragon
Re: Are Lucifer and Satan separate beings? [message #1915 is a reply to message #1768] Fri, 11 January 2013 17:38 Go to previous message
Kingdom of ZION is currently offline  Kingdom of ZION
Yes they are, one was cast down without a body and the other was in the Garden, tempted Adam and His wives and was cursed to loose his limbs and crawl upon the ground for doing it.

Coming of Eliyah is yet future, the Restoration of Yesrael and the Kingdom or Gospel and the other 2/3's of the Book of Mormon will follow. If Eliyah does not come, then with the coming of the Messiah, the earth shall be cursed and utterly wasted!
Previous Topic: All About Sons Of Perdition
Next Topic: Christ being Born Again, Born of God
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 00:18:57 MDT 2024