Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » A Joint Concert with Spirits
A Joint Concert with Spirits [message #1654] Wed, 19 December 2012 17:56 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
When I was a teen we had a multi-stake youth conference in Spokane, Washington at an old convent called St. Michael's. It was an awesome place. It had a chapel with an great old pipe organ, and the console was up on a loft. One night I wasn't ready to go to sleep so I went to the chapel and started playing the organ. There was some sheet music there I read from and enjoyed filling the empty chapel with the rich, full sounds of the organ. I expected someone to come kick me out at any moment, because I wasn't playing very softly!

While I was playing, I became aware of some very nice baritone voices singing along with what I was playing. They still had a few priests or monks there running the convent, and I thought maybe one or two of them had come in to the chapel down below. I stopped playing and the voices stopped immediately. I peered over the balcony and didn't see anyone, so I started playing again. After a little while I could hear the wonderful sounds of the voices again. Oh well, I thought, if those spirits enjoy it, so will I. So I played on and on, enjoying the mutual concert that was going on - me playing for them, and they singing for me.

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: A Joint Concert with Spirits [message #1664 is a reply to message #1654] Thu, 20 December 2012 09:58 Go to previous message
JustMe is currently offline  JustMe
Thanks! I'm getting the chills from reading all your great stories. Thanks for sharing.

~JustMe
Previous Topic: Promises Not Understood
Next Topic: Rescued by Heavenly Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:46:19 MDT 2024