Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » Angels Who Assist Us (Angels Sent by Request)
Angels Who Assist Us [message #1647] Wed, 19 December 2012 16:30 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
My wife and I had moved our family to a new state for me to attend graduate school. We were struggling financially, didn't have any really close friends yet, were far away from all our relatives, and I was gone most of the day every day, leaving her to deal with four young boys by herself. She was feeling very down about life one day and cried out to God "Are you really there??? Please send me some angels so I know you care about me!"

While the older children were in school, she decided to walk to the public library with our youngest. It turned out to be a very long walk and wore her out. On her way back, a church member drove up, saw her walking, and gave her a ride the rest of the way home. The Spirit whispered to her, "That was one of My angels!"

That same day a sister from the ward called her up and told her, "I had a feeling I should give you a call - let's talk!" They had a wonderful long visit on the phone together. Afterwards the Spirit whispered to my wife, "That was one of My angels!"

Later in the day, another sister stopped by unannounced and said she had been shopping, knew my wife liked white chocolate, saw some in the store, and bought her some. She left her a a very generous amount of white chocolate as a gift. The Spirit whispered to her, "That was one of My angels!"

Much later, around 10:00 pm, another sister in the ward called and asked if we were still up. We were, so she said she was coming over right away to see us. When she arrived, she had a heaping plate of fresh hot cookies she had made. She explained that she was making cookies for her family, and accidentally doubled one of the ingredients, so she had to double the entire recipe to make them turn out right. She didn't know what to do with so many cookies, and the Spirit prompted her to bring some over to us that very night. We gratefully accepted two dozen cookies from her. When she left my wife started crying. I asked her why, and she explained what had happened to her throughout the day. She said that as this sister was leaving, the Spirit whispered to her a fourth time: "That was also one of My angels! I love you!"

rdw

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!
Re: Angels Who Assist Us [message #1660 is a reply to message #1647] Thu, 20 December 2012 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustMe is currently offline  JustMe
What a beautiful story! And a lovely answer to your wife's prayer! She may have felt temporarily lifted by a visit from actual angels, but the way her prayer was answered with people from the ward not only let her know the Lord was aware of her, but gave her four new friends as well! So many times our prayers are answered by other people and we don't always recognize or acknowledge that they have been sent by the Lord.

~JustMe
Re: Angels Who Assist Us [message #1676 is a reply to message #1660] Thu, 20 December 2012 13:00 Go to previous message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
Right after we moved to that town for me to attend grad school, we were in a similar situation, freshly moved in, looking for work, not sure about our immediate future, and feeling lonely and down. There was a knock at our door. We had not yet met any of our neighbors and didn't know anyone at all in town. We had no idea who it could be. There stood a man on the porch. He introduced himself to us as Bishop Klopfer and wanted to meet us. We had not yet told anyone of our new address and so I asked him how he found out where we were living. He said he was driving in the area and just followed the feelings given to him by the Spirit, which led him to our house. He didn't know why he was going there or who he would meet. But the Spirit knew who we were and where to find us! We have always loved this humble servant of God who allowed himself to be led by the still small voice to come straight to our door and greet us. On my mission we called such experiences a "Spirit walk."

This was a testimony and a great comfort to us that God is mindful of us. We were thrilled to see that our dear Bishop and his wife have a hymn they composed printed in the hymn book, #298, "Home Can Be a Heaven on Earth."

rdw

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2012 13:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: When Angels pushed me up the hill
Next Topic: Thank the Lord, Angels know how to drive!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:19:47 MDT 2024