Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Other Special Experiences » Help with Genealogy (Deceased Helps Guide Genealogist to Records)
Help with Genealogy [message #1644] Wed, 19 December 2012 16:17 Go to next message
rdwhitaker is currently offline  rdwhitaker
This happened to an uncle of mine. He is known as the family genealogist. He was collaborating with a cousin of his on a certain line of research, and they both were hitting dead ends. The information trail on the family they were following just vanished for no reason in the State of Tennessee, and they were pretty frustrated about it. His cousin was a real estate agent. One day she went to a vacant house to familiarize herself about it for a showing to a prospective buyer. She was there all by herself. As she walked through the rooms, she suddenly felt someone else with her. She was scared and worried for her personal safety. She didn't seen anyone, but she sensed communication coming from an unseen being. He told her his name - which was the ancestor she and my uncle were researching - and he explained that they had been living in Virginia and their farm was failing there. He heard that the land was better down in Tennessee, so he moved his family there to operate a farm. He told her the year they moved and the location they had moved from.

As soon as she could, she went to the Genealogical Library and looked up the location and the year he told her about. Sure enough, she found his family living there in Virginia, exactly when and where he told her. She and my uncle found a lot of records about him and his ancestors that helped them complete quite a few more generations of information on this family line.

Don't . . . Quit . . . Trying!!

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2012 17:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with Genealogy [message #1663 is a reply to message #1644] Thu, 20 December 2012 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustMe is currently offline  JustMe
So cool!

~JustMe
Re: Help with Genealogy [message #2334 is a reply to message #1663] Wed, 20 March 2013 18:47 Go to previous message
Earthchild is currently offline  Earthchild
I would really really like help from beyond the veil with my research. Yes I have prayed. No, no angels have visited. We took over 250 names of my husband's relatives and ancestors thru the temple ordinances, but I am still stuck at 1807 when his 3rd ggfather entered the records of Embudo, Rio Arriba, New Mexico, even after researching for ten years on his paternal line. All I can think of is that only one female ancestor thanked me for doing her temple ordinances.
Maybe none of the rest of them cared?
If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to get a message about this, I could sure use some help! My database has over 5000 names. The only possiblility is that his ancestor came up from Old Mexico and I do not know where the list of emigrants might be, and I suspect it would be in Madrid Spain...
Previous Topic: The Power of a Smile
Next Topic: Question to Dragons?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:02:08 MDT 2024