Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints » Missionary Experiences » As a missionary
As a missionary [message #1613] Sun, 16 December 2012 13:21 Go to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
I have had some amazing experiences recently. Last week, two young sisters walked into the church on a Thursday night, right as I was leaving. They asked, "if we want to know more about this church, where do we go?" I knew the missionaries were somewhere inside the church so I tried to quickly find them. Being unable, I shared a brief testimony in the foyer that this Gospel is meant to bring people to come to know their Savior. It was short, but a powerful missionary experience. They both had smiles from ear to ear. They left and I phoned the full time missionaries and its in their hands now. I was very grateful to be able to share a brief testimony of the Savior to two of God's children who were seeking Him.

I then had the miraculous opportunity to talk with two people who both recently received a vision of the Savior. One is a recent convert, and she has had A LOT of miraculous experiences. While doing baptisms for the dead, she has witnessed many of those who are recipients of these ordinances, as well as other angels who participate in this work.

Both are learning about what it means to receive the Savior's testimony. Both are amazing and I was very strengthened by their witnesses. Actually, I've invited them both to come here and share their experiences. I hope to see them soon.

I find it miraculous to be able to have these experiences of sharing testimony, of being able to guide, as I have been guided by many of you. I am so young in my testimony, so limited in my own knowledge, yet so blessed to receive such faith and knowledge building experiences.
Re: As a missionary [message #1614 is a reply to message #1613] Sun, 16 December 2012 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

This is so awesome Freddy! I LOVE it when the Lord leads us to someone and then directs us to share our testimony. I look forward to seeing those you directed to the forum and reading their experiences and contributions! The Lord is clearly using you as a tool in His hands and for His work! Smile

~Jules
Re: As a missionary [message #1615 is a reply to message #1614] Sun, 16 December 2012 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreddyV is currently offline  FreddyV
Jules, I can't wait until they come here and share their experiences. They truly are miraculous. I just can't believe how blessed I am to have been able to commune with the Savior with these people. I felt like I was actually in Zion.

Bishop gave me some inspired advice in a pm, and I thought I'd comment here. He shared with me how the LDS church has a mission, specifically to reach out to those in a telestial state and bring them to a terrestrial level, and then point the way to the celestial. Those who are still at the beginning stages of spiritual growth can easily react negatively to greater light and knowledge if they are not prepared correctly to receive it.

I have decided to do my best to keep somewhat of a low profile, first because I know my wife will appreciate it, but also I have been afforded an opportunity to quietly share a testimony that may bring many to come to know their Savior. I truly stand amazed at the blessings I have been given. Among the greatest, is to be able to share my testimony in a way that can help lead others to come to a perfect knowledge of their Savior. I had several opportunities today to do so. I love the look in people's eyes when they realize how personal the atonement is for them, how personal the Savior's love is for them. How freely we are all able to receive of His love. My heart does not cease to sing His praises!
Re: As a missionary [message #1616 is a reply to message #1615] Sun, 16 December 2012 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

I've had to dial back my zeal too - I get so excited and want to share these things with everyone! And I know they are true, so now it seems "normal" to me now, but I get funny looks and comments when I say too much or speak without the spirit helping me to know when and what to say. I know that the church helped prepare me to receive these greater things, and as you said an as bishop said, that's its mission. How awesome though, that you are willing to share!

~Jules
Re: As a missionary [message #1692 is a reply to message #1616] Sat, 22 December 2012 03:16 Go to previous message
Ashleyd is currently offline  Ashleyd
Thank you so much for the things you have shared Freddy. I have greatly appreciated it.
Previous Topic: Three powerful experiences I had as a missionary
Next Topic: Humility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:31:32 MDT 2024