Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Testimonies You Have Gained and How You Gained Them » My Witness of the Atonenment
My Witness of the Atonenment [message #1606] Sat, 15 December 2012 06:46 Go to next message
Dragon is currently offline  Dragon
While in the MTC, I felt an impression that I only had a true witness of the Book of Mormon. I believed the rest with faith. But if I was to testify as a witness of God, I needed more. So I was inspired to read the account of the Atonement, from the Garden of Gethsemane through to the resurrection. As I did, the Spirit was so powerful, I could not have any more sure knowledge of its truth, even if I was in attendance.

- Dragon
Re: My Witness of the Atonenment [message #1883 is a reply to message #1606] Mon, 07 January 2013 20:59 Go to previous message
brrgilbert is currently offline  brrgilbert
Being a convert to the Gospel and Church at the tender age of 14 and 1/2; having experienced many hardships and sins in my youth, I gained a witness of the atonement by virtue of my own repentance. It was just prior to serving a mission that I realized I needed to confess my uncleanliness to the proper Church authorities. Not to delve into the seriousness of my disobedience or the preparation that I made to right the wrongs, I sought forgiveness from the Lord and from the Church . . . I thought that I had been successful in concealing my sins from others except my co-conspirators, until it became apparent that I could not hide my "filth" from myself or God. A change occurred when I confronted myself, convicted myself, and sought to free myself . . . all through the miraculous intervention by Heavenly Father through the Light of Christ. What tremendous guilt and sorrow was lifted when I heard those words from Heavenly Father's proxy representative AND the Spirit, "Thy sins are forgiven thee." I know, (and I am neigh to an expert about repentance because I have had to do it so often,) that it is only through the Savior's mercy, graciousness and goodness that such burdens can be lifted. The Atonement is real, it works because I have experienced its miracle in my life. I now know what LOVE is and can say that God is the Author of such.

"I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies."

The Little Prince by St. Exupery
Previous Topic: How I learned that God Exists
Next Topic: My Testimony of My Marriage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:13:52 MDT 2024