Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Angels » When Angels pushed me up the hill
When Angels pushed me up the hill [message #1599] Fri, 14 December 2012 14:07 Go to next message
JustMe is currently offline  JustMe
One early morning my (then) husband had to go to physical therapy in a neighboring town. It was snowing heavily and only main roads had been plowed. To get to the therapist's office we had to go down a steep hill which curved sharply around through a residential area. The roads in that area had between 2-3 inches of wet, soggy snow on them. We were the first ones to leave any tire tracks on the hill.

My husband's therapy was supposed to take a couple of hours, and I was planning to drop him off and go and do some shopping. As we drove down the hill he began worrying about the car making it back up the hill in all the snow. He suggested that I find another way out of the neighborhood. We were down in kind of a "bowl" and I had no idea of any other way to get out of there except back up the way we had come--so I didn't want to drive around in the snow trying to find my way out. Besides, I reasoned, any other road out would also have to lead "up", so what was the point? He continued to worry, even as he was getting out of the car, urging me to drive around and find another way. For some reason, I felt absolutely no worries about this, and rather thought he was worrying about nothing. I felt quite calm about it. I actually had the thought that Heavenly Father wasn't going to let anything happen to me.

After dropping him off, I turned around and headed up the hill with as much speed as I could gain. No one had been up the road before me and there were no tire tracks to follow. The car began to slow and just as I got around the curve in the road I could go no further. I was spinning my wheels trying to drive up--and each time I tried the car just slid a little further down. I sat there with my foot on the brake wishing I had listened to my husband, and praying for help. There were houses all around me, but I didn't dare get out of the car and leave it there to go ask for help. I thought about trying to back the car carefully over to the curb and park it. But because of the bend in the road, I wasn't sure I could manage the required maneuvers in reverse. To make matters worse, there was one of those brick column mailboxes directly behind me. If I lost control and the car slid, I would slide right into it!

Suddenly a car came up the hill. I thought they might stop to help me, but they didn't. They probably had to keep going or lose their momentum too, I thought. It just drove around me and kept going. I had been praying silently this whole time. I tried several times to urge the car forward, but each time the car just slid. I wondered if I would have to sit there until the plows came and really snowed me in. I must have sat there for close to 10 minutes, though it seemed much longer!

I was starting to think Heavenly Father was just going to leave me there...so I said one last prayer and then I said out loud, "Okay, Angels, now would be a good time for a push!" Then I pressed on the gas pedal.

My car LEAPED forward! It was not a gradual gaining of traction, it was a PUSH! I was saying "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" and just praying it would be enough to get me to the top. I got probably 2/3 of the distance I needed to go before the car slowed and slid sideways, this time coming to a sideways stop right in front of a connecting road.

"I'm going to need another push, angels!" I asked, and pressed the gas. The car leaped forward again, getting me about halfway through the remaining distance. "Okay, one more time!" They pushed me again, and I came to a stop right at the top of the hill where it leveled out and my tires were on the (completely clear, by the way) intersection.

My heart was pounding and I could hardly believe it. Angels had just pushed my car three times! Suddenly I was unsure--had my tires just found traction somehow? I bowed my head and asked, and the Spirit confirmed quite sweetly to me that angels had indeed just pushed me up the hill. I drove over to the mall and did my shopping in sort of a daze.

~JustMe
Re: When Angels pushed me up the hill [message #1600 is a reply to message #1599] Fri, 14 December 2012 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

What an awesome experience! I felt the spirit while I read this. Thank you for sharing!

~Jules
Re: When Angels pushed me up the hill [message #1617 is a reply to message #1599] Sun, 16 December 2012 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenh is currently offline  kenh
This reminds me of the famous painting of the angels pushing the handcart while the weary saints try to pull the handcart through the snow storm. Help is there when we need it. Angels on our left and on our right and sometimes right behind us pushing us forward and onward to better things. Thanks for sharing. Smile
Re: When Angels pushed me up the hill [message #1630 is a reply to message #1617] Tue, 18 December 2012 09:04 Go to previous message
Amonhi is currently offline  Amonhi
Cool story! Thank you for sharing!

Amonhi
Previous Topic: Seeing a God for the First Time
Next Topic: Angels Who Assist Us
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:12:13 MDT 2024