Elliaison.org - Forum
Elliaison.org forum is a free discussion group focused on the persuit of truth and spiritual knowledge from every source.

Home » Angels, Demons, Miracles and the like... » Miracles » A Bottle of Medicine (Modern day miracle patterned after an ancient one)
A Bottle of Medicine [message #1587] Thu, 13 December 2012 13:44 Go to next message
Called to Serve is currently offline  Called to Serve
Years ago my husband lost his job and I only had $10 in the bank at the time. I was worried because I only had a small bottle of medicine for my children and they were sick. I looked at the bottle, and based on what I had observed many times before, I guessed that there were only two doses left in the bottle. I figured I would need to buy more and that would take most of the $10 I had. However, since there was nothing I could do about it, I just went ahead and used the medicine as normal.

After giving one dose, I figured I must have estimated wrong. The amount of medicine in the bottle (which was transparent, by the way) had only decreased a little. I used the medicine several times over the next few weeks, though my kids' illness and through a teething episode. I used it about 5 or 6 times and the amount of medicine decreased by about half. I just assumed that I'd been wrong and didn't think anything of it until my husband got a new job.

The first time I used the medicine after my husband got a new job I drained the bottle. I was astonished. The same amount of medicine that had given me 5 to 6 doses when my husband was out of work gave me only one after he had gotten a job. I knew it was the work of the Lord.

I am grateful for the demonstration of love that the Lord gave me. I am still not certain why I was given this miracle. I didn't ask for one and wasn't expecting any divine intervention. I suppose He just wanted me to know that He was watching over me in order to prepare me for the road ahead of me.
Re: A Bottle of Medicine [message #1596 is a reply to message #1587] Fri, 14 December 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Thank you for sharing! What wonderful Tender Mercy! It is amazing how things work out when we need them to and then when we are able to handle them they break, run out etc.

It reminded me of some of my experiences which I will share soon.

~ Seeker
Re: A Bottle of Medicine [message #1598 is a reply to message #1596] Fri, 14 December 2012 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JulesGP

What an awesome experience CTS! This reminds me of a recent blessing I had. About a month ago, I was at my parents house, and while I was parked in their driveway, my dad noticed my tires and that they were bald. He came and told me that I need new ones. I told him - "Yes I do, but I need money to get new tires" Very Happy .

A few days later, when I was at their house again, he told me to drive with him over to the tire store, because my tires were completely bald and it was unsafe to drive on them - especially with winter coming. I reminded him that I have no money for tires, and he told me he was going to buy me a set of new tires!

We drove our separate cars to the tire store so I could leave mine and ride back with him. He got out of his car and looked at my tires and asked: "Did you already get tires???" I told him no, and confused, asked: "Isn't that why we are here?" He said: "Yes, but I just looked at your tires a few days ago, and they were bald. These tires have at least another year worth of tread on them!"

So I did not get new tires this year - they just grew new tread. Smile

~Jules
Re: A Bottle of Medicine [message #1602 is a reply to message #1598] Fri, 14 December 2012 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustMe is currently offline  JustMe
Thank you both for sharing these stories. Definitely Tender Mercies when the Lord gives blessings like that when you haven't even asked for them. When I was a child I loved the story about the widow whose barrel of meal and cruze of oil never failed throughout the famine. Latter day reinvention: medicine and tires that never fail!

~JustMe
Re: A Bottle of Medicine [message #1603 is a reply to message #1602] Fri, 14 December 2012 14:42 Go to previous message
JulesGP

JustMe wrote on Fri, 14 December 2012 14:27
Thank you both for sharing these stories. Definitely Tender Mercies when the Lord gives blessings like that when you haven't even asked for them. When I was a child I loved the story about the widow whose barrel of meal and cruze of oil never failed throughout the famine. Latter day reinvention: medicine and tires that never fail!

What a perfect comparison from the scriptures! Thank you!!

~Jules
Previous Topic: A lifetime of miracles, still waiting for C&E
Next Topic: Hummingbird
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:33:59 MDT 2024